News CBS's Greg Doyel bashes LSU again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Aug 6, 2013.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I have always thought Plano's system of 9th/10th grade high schools and 11th/12th grade senior high schools was a little weird. But on second thought, that means my 14-year-old freshmen daughters will never be on campus with 18-year-olds. :D

LSUMASTERMIND and KyleK like this.
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The problem with that is that 10th graders usually play on the varsity sports teams. Does Plano just have so many kids that they don't play varsity (normally) until they are in 11th?

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

If you haven't finished even the most rudimentary education that we call public school, you shouldn't be allowed to vote or enter into contracts. Your maturity level and knowledge base puts you in absolutely NO position to make life-changing decisions either for yourself or others. Once you get your GED or diploma, you can begin life as a legal adult, regardless of age.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The next thing we'll hear is to have a different school for every grade. Why not just do what has always been done . . . Expect adults to behave like adults.

Lots of seniors turn 18 before graduation. A few repeaters turn 19 or 20. It is a big change. When I turned 18 I was subject to be drafted, able to purchase liquor, able to enter into legal contracts and yes . . . Had to consider underage girls as off limits.

Let us take the easy route, the traditional route, and the sensible route. When you become an adult, you accept adult responsibilities. Simple.

Herb likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

There is a loophole there. The feeder high schools can allow 10th graders or even 9th graders to play JV and varsity at the senior high. They just bus them over the last period of the day, and they practice and play with the older guys. Rex Burkhead started at Plano Senior High as a freshman.

Last year, another freshman was starting at safety by the middle of the season. His name is TJ (Thomas) Lee, and he is a HUGE LSU fan. I taught him in 7th and 8th grade, and he said he wants to be a Tiger. His cousin is Donald Lee, who played for the Eagles. TJ ran a 4.3 40 as a 7th and 8th grader, is built like a true athlete, and is an honors math student. Super smart and great kid with a great mom. Be on the lookout for him in the recruiting circles in the next few years.

KyleK likes this.
  6. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Very valid point, some twisted attorney would probably argue the law is promoting this activity by allowing minors to attend school with legal adults.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Again, they're only legal adults because we say they are. I call bullshit on that.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im pretty sure some dumb ass has argued that already. Sad part is, they would have to take it in consideration.

9. Herb

Herb Founding Member

And you have the example of Ben Franklin in New Orleans where you have a magnet school based on a University campus which gives you high schoolers and university students on the same campus.