Cedric Benson snubbed for this year's Heisman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 1, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

ESPN showed a promo for the Heisman show and it only includes:

Leinhart
    White
    Peterson
    Bush

Benson should be considered over both Bush and Peterson.

Benson has the exact same average as Peterson, 5.8, has about 100 more yards rushing and 20 TDs (1 receiving) vs. 12. Benson also has 179 yards receiving, Peterson has 6. Moreso, Benson had no passing game to support him, making his achievements that much more remarkable.

Bush is probably the most electrifying player in college football, but he just has not had enough touches to warrant his being considered. I guess Kirk Herbstreit masturbating on TV to the sound of Reggie Bush's name might have something to do with this.

Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers are also not included.

Watch for Matty Leinhart to throw 9 TDs against UCLA, as he desperately tries to convince people to vote for him.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Anyone who thinks Leinhart's name is not already on that mofo is kidding themselves big time...

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I loved ESPN's sob story about how Leinhart overcame being cross-eyed as a kid... Who better to win it than the media darling of the media darling's team. He won't be that great in the NFL - decent, but not great.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I actually think Leinhart will go on to a stellar NFL career. He has tremendous touch and a great awareness in the pocket.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

A great many of Benson's yards have always come against the creampuffs of their schedules. He just hasn't done much against tough competition--ever. I'm not feeling sorry he was left off the list.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

^^^ That summed it up well. :thumb:

7. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I don't it should matter if he throws 9 TDs. How is Fat Leinart in front of Jason White anyway? Jason White has 40 TDs and 4 INTs while Fat has 28 TDs and 5 INTs. The more love USC gets from the media the more pissed off I get. I would love to be at USC when they lose to an unranked team and then get on the loud speaker and just laugh my head off at all the fans and players....I really don't like USC... :po: :po: :po:

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I'm sorry, but I don't think Bush should be in there. The guy is awesome...but to be selected for the Heisman "top 4," you should have put up Heisman type numbers. To me, it just seems like he was selected for the top 4, but with the notion that he won't win it over anyone else.

In my opinion, Benson should be over Bush.

9. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

WORD......Reggie Bush is a plug.

plug (n) - Something inferior, useless, or defective

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Man Tell us how you REALLY FEEL! :wink: :thumb:

I'm with ya man! LOL I'll guard the door while you key the loud speaker mic..... :grin: :hihi: