CEO made the call not to let Fournette play

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Feb 4, 2017.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles RE Fournette and playing before ready?

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh I don't recall. Surely was not referring to him and wouldn't accuse Miles of not being a coach who would use or abuse his players.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

LF7 has not been 100% all season. For the asshats at ESPN to drone on about this kid as a draft sellout was just bowl-season fodder. Fuck-em...

didit, Winston1 and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. furduknfish

Who's Surely?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think he played Fournette a little early and often and the ankle never got right. In his defense, he was coaching for his job and it didn't seem to be a black and white decision. If we didn't have Guice Eaux might have been more open to Fournette suiting up for the Bowl. But in a way Eaux was also coaching for his job and made a somewhat different choice. Not exactly apples to apples.

6. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

O did a good job of transitioning Guice for next (this) year by giving him the keys. Guice gained valuable experience despite already being a great back. He has spotlight experience, broke records, and will be able to handle the big games next year. In my opinion he may fair better than LF did in the big ones. I know he was hurt and didn't have much help against Bama but he never played well against them. This experience may help Guice do better. O seems to be making better decisions then he did in the past. With the coaches he has around him, I'm excited for the upcoming season.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Guice will fail just as miserably against Bama unless the play calling and blocking are vastly improved.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  8. furduknfish

FIFY

9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I'm sure it will be. All of the responsible parties for the past are gone. Yes O and SE were conservative this year but I don't see that happening next time.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That didn't fix anything, because the telegraphed running plays were just as much to blame. Calling defenses against Miles/Cam was like having a DC call defenses of a game being replayed on tv. Everybody knew what was coming.