CFN 06 Arizona Preview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, May 19, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Read the rest here

Arizona will be much improved. While LSU should win, I think we should expect a pretty good game from them when they visit our stadium this coming season.

2. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

People expecting another 59-13 type blowout are likely in for a rude awakening. Arizona isn't going to be a great team, but they are on the upswing and we better take them seriously. We should definitely win, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's closer to OSU 2004 than UA 2003.

3. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

they lost mike bell so they will need a replacement and i just looked at their roster and didnt see many serviceable RBs. a few freshman, a jr. walkon, and another junior named chris henry who i havent heard about before. that could be their weakness. we wil have to step up and stop willie tuitama, if we can do that, we should have the game in hand

4. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Fool me once...I've underestimated decent Pac-10 teams the past two seasons and they've given LSU all it could handle as early-season out of conference opponents (okay, a rain-swamped 04 opener w/ a new starting QB and a post-hurricane "home" game in the desert w/ yet another new starting QB did play a role...just a little).

Anyway, I think "lil' Stoops" gets the Cats ready for battle and gives LSU a good, strong challenge. I just hope that, after LSU wins this close game, that Arizona actually, you know, has a good year and doesn't fold like a deck chair like OSU and ASU have before them.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Zona will have a lot of talent and will be capable of giving us fits, just like ASU and OSU did. And they will have one of those small, quick dlines that have given us fiits for the past 4 seasons.(Troy, ASU, OSU, Auburn, Ole Miss in 2003, etc.)

They're dbacks also appear to be pretty good.

Henry doesn't have a lot of experince but he is super fast from what I've read and we will have to contain him. One of their new RB's was a primo recruit.

6. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

They will not be giving us fits geez, they are a mediocre team at best.

7. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

be careful with that...we also faced a team that needed to replace players in facing the andrew walter-less sun devils last year. hopefully we will have a regular year this year and will easily beat them. never overlook anybody tho

8. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

there's a big difference, arizona state was coming of a 9-3 season and had the talent to have a good season.

Arizona is coming of a 3-8 season i believe and doesn't have near the talent of it's pac-10 bretheren. It hasn't had a winning season in i don't know how long.

just having a winning season would be a monumental accomplishment.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Everyone should keep in mind the Oregon St. game... remember how bad we were supposed to "dominate" them and send them packing? I don't know about you but they had to replace the seat I sat in that night for my arse biting holes in it (in the brief times I sat during that game)...

ASU can be competitive and I doubt they're as bad as they were last we met. They will be looking to get even and will play very hard football that night.

That being said I think we will still win, but not by a massive margin that one would expect LSU to win over a "mediocre" team...