CFN Article on Auburn-LSU Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

great article....he is right on point.

both calls were pretty much horrible. but then again the crackback block should have expelled the offensive lineMEN from the game as well as Tubby.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Midway through the fourth quarter, a Jacob Hester touchdown for LSU was allowed to stand, even though a replay shot indicated that the Bayou Bengals didn't have seven men on the line of scrimmage. With sane replay policies, the call would have fallen within the scope of replay review system. As a result, the penalty--picked up by Penn Wagers' SEC crew for reasons that defy reasonable explanation--would have stood when examined by replay

Maybe I'm losing my mind but I recall that his play was reviewed and it was determined that LSU had 7 men on the line of scrimage, thus, no penalty. I specifically recall the ref announcing this over the PA system. Am I missing something ?

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I agree on the lineman...not Tubbs. I seriously doubt he told the player to do it. I think it was a result of the Olineman being Powned all night. He saw an opportunity for revenge...and he took it. It was dirty to the nth degree...and he should've been thrown out of the game. The problem I have with Tubbs is that he's said there wouldn't be any discipline for it.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And he points out an unbelievably good spot we got on Murphy's run to keep the drive alive:

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

That is seemingly what Tubby was so up in arms about. I was thinking the same thing. Plus, from my perspective on my couch, I thought it was a bogus penalty anyway. None of the angles that I saw looked like there were only 6 men on the line, though admittedly, my beer goggles were starting to really kick in.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I counted 6...Tolliver was not on the los. I think the call was actually "reviewed" to see if Hester made the endzone...which he did. I think they picked up the flag all by themselves. (I don't drink...so my vision was very clear. Even thru P&G glasses...Tolliver was a yard behing the los.)

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I know I heard the ref say there were 7 on the line. Okay, I'm on a mission (not the Mormon kind) now !

EDIT: SportingNews.com got it right:

"Jacob Hester gave LSU a 20-17 lead, diving for the pylon early in the fourth quarter after catching a swing-pass on third-and-goal from the 5. He also led a patient rushing attack that amassed 169 yards, all but 40 in the second half.

A flag was thrown on Hester's touchdown for LSU having not enough players line up on the line of scrimmage. But officials wanted to see a replay of the play to confirm that Hester had in fact got the pylon for a score. In doing so, they decided LSU was in fact lined up properly and picked up the flag. "

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=2565248

Now I want to see the game again to confirm what I thought the ref said.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

They DID say there were 7 on the los...but I don't think that's what was being reviewed. They said that when they said "there was no foul on the play"...as they waved the yellow hanky in the air.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What a bunch of nonsense. All this complaining by the author about questionable calls and not ONE mention of the travesties that occured last year? That game was literally dictated by bad and no calls, time and again. This one had a couple of question marks, but was nowhere near the pathetic circus that was last years game.