CFN Article on Auburn-LSU Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Oct 22, 2007.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Re: There were 7 on the line - count them here

Great footage. Our WR was lined up with the OT and the rest of the offensive line minus the center. Now let's get this footage over to the Auburn boards :rofl:

2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

yes you are. your team was penalized earlier this year for this sort of thing. this is not an isolated event/occurence. all signs point to your team playing dirty.... a new low for the barners.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Red, I'm already on record as saying that it was an ugly play and one that should be penalized. What else do you want?

But my post here was intended to show that those laying all the blame at the feet of Bosley need to do their homework. I don't believe he did it intentionally because he was executing the correct assignment. Doesn't change the fact that is was wrong, ugly, etc, etc....

Can I prove that all teams make such mistakes ? Sure ......

..... where was all this "righteous indignation" after your LSU player went for Cox's leg when during last season's game. Cox was injured for the season ..... was that Dorsey?
    ..... how about the Herman Johnson's block in the back on the sideline screen? No injury, but very easily could have been.
    .... how 'bout the controversial hit by Tyson Jackson in the Kentucky game?
    ... or the spearing controversey on Munnerly in the USC game?

every team has it's mistakes .... that's why they penalize them to dis-incent such behavior. But at the end of the day, these are 18 and 19 year old kids we're talking about and they are going to make such mistakes.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

or the barners chop blocks in the vandy game?

5. LafTiger

LafTiger Freshman

EXACTLY, That's what I've been saying all along. It is speculation, but it could also be the reason why the Official who WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THAT CALL did NOT.

1 person likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I want you to simply admit that it was an illegal block and drop it. You've called it ugly, you've called it "required", you've called it "technically legal", you've called it "perfection", and every other way of sugarcoating it. It ain't going to fly here, my friend. It is insulting to us.

Yes, I'm sure Ramsey doesn't want to hurt Dorsey because he doesn't want to get hurt himself. Yes, every team commits personal fouls. Where is the outrage about LSU's fouls? All over the Auburn boards and LSU fans who respond get banned or run off.

This is an LSU board and we are outraged about a foul on our player. You can respond as much as you want and you won't be banned, but we sure as hell can tell you if we think you're full of it. Nothing personal, but you should not expect a sympathetic audience concerning this matter.

7. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

To me, ESPN's camera angle made it look like TT was behind the line. The Youtube video above makes me feel a lot better about the flag being picked up. It appears that it was the correct call.

8. LafTiger

LafTiger Freshman

I don't think the issue is as much with the kid making a mistake, as it is trying to explain it as what he was supposed to do. IMHO looking at the replay, he knew GD was being blocked high and went straight for his knees. Definition of a chop block, an infraction of the rules, and no matter how you look at it a dirty play.

Tubby said they don't coach it.
    Tubby said they don't tolerate it.

If they don't coach it, and they don't tolerate it, then why did he do it? It was a dirty play by a kid who probably got frustrated because he was owned all night. Nothing more nothing less...trying to make it less, just like trying to make it more, is even more infuriating.

9. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Listen here dude. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COMPLAINING ABOUT CALLS. My wife watched our game against ya'll last year, and a few other games that you played at home, and EVEN SHE could see that you guys get some ridiculous love from the zebras. Why don't you talk about the dozens of times your offensive line "tackled" our defensive line. That's "non - reveiwable" too, but it still happened. We had to deal with countless bogus calls last year, and you had an option to challenge the spot...you didn't. So deal with it, like we had to deal with it last year.

And don't give me that crap about the chop block being a mistake. DO YOU REALIZE IT WAS RECORDED????? The freaking guy rares back and makes sure he hits Dorsey right on the knee...and the other guy makes sure at that time he pushes Dorsey over the chop. Take a look for yourself -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

Now quit trying to sell us on what "really" happened, and stop trying to question our intelligence about NCAA football. Good day.LSU!

10. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

every team has it's mistakes .... that's why they penalize them to dis-incent such behavior.

So what type of "penalty" should we expect to see Tubster passing on to Ramsey? No better way to learn proper behavior than by discipline IMO. He is 18 ,but has played football long enough to know that that type of play is malicious and will injure someone.Looks like Coach Tubby isn't going to penalize Mr. Ramsey at all. I believe the actions of Mr. Ramsey are of the premeditated type not so much heat of the moment, you may not believe so but that is your right. Tyson's hit to Woodson's head was a dumb play and was penalized. The whole team suffered his actions because UK scored soon after. Tyson's hit was more a result of frustration but in no way is potential career ending type of cheap shot that your Mr. Ramsey decided to take at Mr. Dorsey. When someone acts irrationally due to frustration it is usually immediate. Mr Ramsey waited for the right opportunity to do his dirty deed. :thumb: