CFN Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Sugar Bowl New Orleans, LA
    Louisiana Superdome

January 3, 2007, Fox
    [SIZE=-1]
    BCS vs. BCS (SEC Champion to play here if available)[/SIZE][FONT=verdana, arial,
    sans serif][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Bowl Projection:LSU vs. Oklahoma
    With the projected SEC Champion playing for the national title, LSU playing in New Orleans would make for a good story. Rhett Bomar, schmett Bomar; the Oklahoma defense will carry the team into the BCS for a rematch of the 2003 Sugar Bowl..

[​IMG]BCS Championship Game
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif]Glendale, AZ
    Glendale Stadium
    [/FONT]
    January 8, 2007, Fox
    [SIZE=-1]
    BCS No. 1 vs. BCS No. 2[/SIZE]
    [FONT=verdana, arial,
    sans serif][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Bowl Projection:USC vs. Auburn
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica, sans-serif]USC, who has to beat Nebraska, Cal and Notre Dame to get the national respect to get to Glendale, would just barely beat out Texas, the ACC Champion, and Louisville to take one spot. If things work out as projected, the Trojans will have played eight bowl bound teams. A blowout over Notre Dame, if it happens, would seal the invite.

Auburn is due. Like LSU, Texas and Ohio State over the past few years, Auburn has been knocking on the door long enough to finally get the right breaks to get a shot at the title. With many still feeling the Tigers got screwed over a few years ago, the voters would give the Tigers the nod if everything else is equal. The schedule works out well getting LSU, Florida and Georgia at home, but there can't be a loss to Alabama in the regular season finale.
    [/FONT]

I see two problems:
    1) CFN has two teams from the ACC, Big Ten, SEC and Big 12 playing in BCS bowl games... where's the Big East Champ... Louisville's not in any bowl match-up and WV is in the Sun Bowl.
    2) CFN has a history of being 50% right about 30% of the time.:shock:

2. LSU Rubi

LSU Rubi Founding Member

I still have a problem with USC. Nobody knows how they are going to do this year with the losses of their poster children. There is no way in gods green earth that USC will be playing for a N.C. To top it off, OK wont even make it to a BCS bowl what so ever. Im tired of this b.s. by the media...Sept. cant get here fast enough to prove them all worng.
    LSU! :champs:

3. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I really don't see how USC makes it either. They'll be good for sure so who knows. My question is why didn't CFN pick Ohio State for one of those slots. Assuming OSU beats Texas, OSU has a relatively good schedule to set themselves up for a MNC run.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

In CFN's ultimate wisdom, they have tOSU beating Texas, but losing at Iowa. Then they have Iowa losing at Michigan and Michigan losing to tOSU.
    They have the Sooners running the table... not sure if they hung a loss on Auburn or not.
    tOSU has Texas, Penn State and Iowa all in September, plus they still have to get through August without a "player suspension", which has been seemingly hard for them to accomplish lately.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Well they caught there mistake and now have LSU vs. Louisville in the Sugar and Ark playing Oklahoma

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Bowls/Bowl_Projections.htm

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I agree with the sentiments here that USC will come back to reality this season and lose a game or two. I don't think OSU coming out on top of Texas is far-fetched - I look for it, in fact. Texas will be back to their old ways, winning but losing the big games. Auburn will be good, or else Tubs might not be as good a coach as I think. Iowa and Michigan and OSU should all be capable of beating one another, and Oklahoma will probably have a better season this year (unless Bob Stoops owes alot of his success to his brother at Zona). The halftime comment at the Sugar Bowl in '03 made me lose some respect for him. I think Notre Dame will be back and possibly get a win over the busted trojans. Also, West Virginia has eclipsed Louisville in the Big East. Miami will probably take a nose dive this season, opening the door in the ACC - and I think Virginia Tech will take over the reins, leaving the Bowden family to fight over seconds. Georgia, S Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee will all be scrappy, making for a wild, wild east. The west will likely be a battle between LSU and Auburn, with Alabama and Arkansas putting up a good fight.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Why can't the NCAA adopt a playoff? Damn...

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

When I think of USC, I think of all the top 5 recruiting classes they have signed the last 4 years, and I think despite losing Linert and Bush, they will still be very good. Championship game good? Not necessarily, but they could do it. Its not just a function of what they lost, but who is stepping in to take their place. Their cupboard is NOT bare. They beat a good ND team last year, and were up by 12 on a great Texas team with 6 minutes to play. Only Vince Young putting the "S" on his chest those last 6 minutes prevented USC from winning their second straight championship. They are good, and I expect they will be good again this year. I'd like to see them drop a game or two, build some character there.

Of course, the season hasn't started. I am not conceding the SEC championship to anyone. We'll find out a lot when we play Auburn, but that game can go either way, and if we win it, we'll be in control of our destiny from there on out. We've got talent and good coaches, so we have as good a shot at it as anybody. I am optimistic about our running backs, I think somebody will come through for us, and I'm pulling for Alley, I liked him since his freshman year. I'd like to see Justin enjoy success, on Keiland, on Jacob, dash away all!!! Oooppps, got carried away... Not that time of year yet. :D

Got the day off today, my youngest son is a sr. in high school. This is his one week off this summer, and we're going target shooting today, so I'm in a good mood.

9. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

what is up with crap bowls like the GMAC and international(???get a better name???) playing on like the 6th and 7th. ruins the tradition IMO. the crap bowls are supposed to be warm up for the big ones.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

OK really, everyone needs to forget about USC for a minute. I might drink a gallon of clorox if Auburn is in the NC game.