CFN Mock Draft: Only 1 Tiger in 1st round

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shel311, Jan 25, 2005.

1. shel311

shel311 Founding Member

The latest mock draft on collegefootballnews.com's website has only 1 Tiger going in the 1st round, and that's C Web at 32 to the Patriots. And that includes 2 lists, 1 who they think will be drafted, and the other is who they would have drafted.

Wow.

Spears falling out of the 1st round and Webster all the way at the bottom.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Draft/Mock_Draft1_25.htm

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Last year they predicted Clayton to 32nd in the draft, they only missed by 17 spots. If Spears does end up a 2nd rounder someone will be getting a steal of a deal. Hell New Englang would be getting a deal and a great player for the pick at #32.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Worthless mock draft. I wouldn't put any faith in this one. They say Ronnie Brown has almost no tread on the tires. Ummmm....don't they mean WEAR on the tires?

And having the Saints go D-line again is just assinine. Well, OK, so maybe that makes it likely.

Spears should raise his stake between now and April, and who knows about Webster. It will come down to his workouts or Combine, I suspect. Teams could be skittish b/c he got burned more often than you'd like to see from a guy with that many INT's. Definitely 1st round talent though.

4. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

Would you put any faith in a mock draft having a player who has not played ball in over a year going as the 3rd overall pick?????

CFN has great coverage of college football, but their mock drafts and analysis are a bit......how do I say......retarded at times? :confused:

I am waiting for them to say that Clarett is the next Walter Payton too. I think Clarett and Mike Williams should only be allowed to play in the Canadian League....

5. NoLimitMD

Mike Williams shouldn't be allowed in the NFL because he sat out a year of college? That's got to be the most boneheaded opinion I've heard on the topic.

6. smoovedog

Quick to judge there buddy!!!!!
    I just said he just be relegated to the CFL b/c I dont like him, I said nothing about him not allowed in the NFL b/c he sat out a year of college.

7. NoLimitMD

No, quick to read. "should only be allowed to play in the Canadian League" would typically be read as "shouldn't be allowed in the NFL." I don't see any reason to dislike the guy, other than his school. But those allegiances just don't make much sense at the pro level.

8. smoovedog

IMO, he is severly overrated (Taking out the fact that he plays for FUSC)...
    I read his 40 times are around 4.6, thats not impressive for a WR in the NFL. Yes he is big and tall, but if you want a big go over the middle target, why do you want to overpay for one? He is another Meshawn, a big slow ignorant WR to go over the middle. Wooptie. You can pick up Jerome Pathon for that :grin:

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

That is almost the same thing some scouts said about Mike Clayton. A huge target and a playmaker, but I believe he clocked in at a 4.5 or 4.6 at the combine...

And look what did....You should probably rethink that one.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yep, he ran 4.6 and 4.7 I believe, but he kind of rebounded from that poor showing I'd say. Think the BUCS are glad they didn't put much emphasis on those times. :geaux: