CFN ranking of SEC coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. BigJ31

BigJ31 Founding Member

Re: My detractor's should read this

Are you serious man? Please tell me you're joking.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's not joking. He's posted this before. He's just pissed that we didn't get Urban Meyer. Of course he forgets that we would have had to fire Saban first, but why let the facts get in the way of childish rants. :dis:

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I don't understand how Mark Richt is over-rated. The man has won....more games in the SEC then anyone else the last 4 years....2 East Titles....1 SEC Title...BCS win.....and is over-rated?

I don't buy it. Would put Tubs ahead of Richt on the over-rated scale

4. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

:confused:
    Why? Why wouldn't Miles be here to stay?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

guess he's there for life.

45-29 or whatever cutcliffe was, wasn't good enough. heh

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I read on the OM board that Cut was going in to have open heart surgery today.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

God Bless him

I thought someone would hire him already

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Irish tap former Ole Miss coach for OC
    Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has picked recently canned Ole Miss coach David Cutcliffe as his offensive coordinator. Cutcliffe was hailed as the savior at Mississippi when we came on board and led the Rebels to five straight winning seasons, including a Cotton Bowl last year. He was fired this month after going 4-7 this season.

Cutcliffe was the driving force behind the Tennessee teams of the 1990s, where he groomed a succession of pro QBs, including Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning and Tee Martin.

9. friday

friday Founding Member

oh, you're definitely villified since college football news agrees with you. you're going to be eating some serious crow when LSU wins the SEC and poor Urban is looking at 3-4 losses. as SabanFan said, Saban was still the coach when Urban was hired so quit whining as you try to compare the hires. who would you have hired?

10. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

I am not whining about not having Meyer. I am meerly stating that Meyer is better. If LSU wins the SEC and Urban Meyer turns out to be a flop like Tommy Bowden, The ColoState coach or our very own Curley Hallman no one will be more happy than me.
    I wish one of these two things happened:
    (a) Saban had taken the cubs job after the National Championship game. At that time we would have had a better group of coaches to choose from, Meyer, Spurrier, Patrino etc.
    (b) The best way to counter the Urban warfare would be to have Patrino with us. One great offensive mind against another. I wish skip had not fought with Patrino during the interview and blown our chances of having him. When hiring an offensive minded coach why not hire the best? You can not blame a man for wanting to leave Louisville for Auburn, Florida and LSU and also blame a man who recruited the likes of Brown and Williams while at Auburn.