CFN ranking of SEC coaches

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 9, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Re: My detractor's should read this

(A) the Bears job, and Meyer wasn't the hot name at the end of 2003 as he was at the end of 2004.

(B) The last thing we need is a person in the HC job of questionable character, and P-E-trino surely is that.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Weird. I wonder why Weis would hire him. I thought Weis would use his own style.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I thought for sure that Auburn's Dignity would be the Worst Off-Season Loss.

4. Indiana Tiger

Indiana Tiger Founding Member

Petrino didn't show up at AU until 2002. He had nothing to do with the recruitment of Brown and Williams.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Indiana is correct .....Petrino had zero to do with the recruitment of Brown, Williams, or Campbell. Furthermore, Petrino's character is highly questionable and not the coach for a premier program in a premier conference. Have you considered that having a great offense without having a good defense will ensure your position as an SEC bottomfeeder?

Comparing Saban and Meyer is laughable, and you'll soon find out that the Urban Legend is not in the same league with the SEC's elite.

6. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

I do not understand how interviewing for Auburn (albeit a bit under shady conditions), Florida and LSU when at Louisville makes a person have a bad character. Saban interviewed with Jacksonville, Chicago Bears and after repeatedly saying he would not go he kept negotiating with the Dolphins for full control of the program. No one, INCLUDING ME, should and does question Saban's character. Saban was trying to fulfill a dream and I think tiger fans shows great class being so gracious when he departed. The Louisville fans sucked. They were calling for Petrino's head when it was reported that he interviewed with LSU. When at the half time of the Boise State - Louisville Liberty bowl game Boise took a lead the Louisville fans started chanting L-S-U.
    The louisville fans made Petrino look like a low character guy and I honestly think a guy who is Spurriersue in most ways could and should do better than Louisville people. Honestly, how could we eduacted in a great university, fail to see through this so called question of character.
    Read my lips, if anyone can kick Urban Meyer's whatever, it would have been Petrino.
    With talent like Russel, Skyler Green, Xavier Carter Petrino would have won a National Championship and made us the great program in our times.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I never questioned Saban's character. The whole Petrino situation is and has always been questionable. I don't and didn't want him.

Let's let the man coach a few seasons at LSU before judging him, OK? Miles' record at OSU for his first 4 years was actually better than Saban's at MSU

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

That's pretty cool, I've never really given much thought to Louisville before. I guess if they like us so much, I can like them. WOOHOO! I finally have a team to cheer for in C-USA!!!

9. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

No the Louisville fans were just taunting their own coach in the middle of the game. Hell of class they have.

10. Consensus

Consensus Founding Member

I thought that it was the Boise St. fans that were chanting LSU. They were taunting the Louisville fans, who, they belived, were about to lose their coach to another school - LSU.

In a way, it was a compliment to Petrino. The Boise St. fans were basically saying, "the only reason you're so good is your coach, and now he's leaving to go to LSU. You're still a second rate football program."