CFN Ranks College Football Head Coaches...Guess Who's #4?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBomber, Jul 13, 2003.

1. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

2. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

That's pretty good company we're in!

But, as much of a Saban fas as I am, I just don't understand why he is so highly regarded in his profession. There are quite a few coaches who have accomplished more.

We have really got a GREAT coach in Saban and better get ready to pony up more cash for facilities and Saban's pay. He will continue to be on the short list of most vacancies every time they come up. He will be courted by schools willing to build whatever the heck he wants. Can you imagine his coaching and managerial abilities coupled with the bucks Texas or Florida has?

We could be on the verge of a long and incredibly successful run in LSU football. We have the players, coaches, and fan enthusiasm, but are we ready to really do what it takes to keep him here? Are we a really ready to be winners?

cheers!

3. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Just in case Mr. Auburn Tiger is still around.............

31. Tommy Tuberville (48), Auburn

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

At last! Tubby gets the respect he deserves.

Where's Ricky Bustle? To listen to ULL fans, he's the long awaited savior.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mr. Auburn Tiger is no smarter than his coach. You won't hear anything from him on this thread . . . except for more smack, maybe.

I do wonder what Mr. Chuck thinks about it though.

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

It's not really about accomplishment as a coach with a lot of wins. It's about how great of a coach they are and they do that not by the number of wins, but by what the have done in the past.Because he has taken two spiriling programs(MSU and LSU) and turned them around completely.

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Personally, I'm fine with it . .CTT doesn't have any League Titles or a Top 10 finish under his belt yet (nor a top 10 season).

Granted, I think a lot of that has to do with what he has had to work with (an under probation Ole Miss and a thank-you-Terry-Bowden talent depleated Auburn Team).

Auburn is finally at a point where we have a full group of CTT's players . .I have a pretty good feeling that his ranking will improve significantly.

BTW - with the exception of Houston Nutt (gag), Ron Zook (gag again) and Phil Fulmer . .CTT has a winning record at Auburn against every active SEC coach he has faced. Not to mention JoePa.

8. SoonerLeigh

SoonerLeigh Founding Member

I thought it was a great list and most of the rankings were deserved, with a notable exception here and there.

I am not a big Franchione fan, so time will tell whether or not he deserves to be in the top ten.

Pete Carroll deserves to be in the top ten, in my opinion, and Mack Brown is better than Gary Barnett.

Tuberville reminds me a lot of Barnett. Does a fairly decent job and then shoots himself in the foot at a critical time in a crucial game. JMHO

:D

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Bustle is ranked #88. Higher than his team will be ranked all year :)

10. Auburn Tiger

Auburn Tiger Founding Member

Take #4 if you believe in opinions over actual on the field results. I personally would call this ranking more inflated than Oprah after a corned beef and boiled cabbage binge considering Tuberville is 5-3 overall (Ole Miss/Auburn) against you heathen coonasses, and leads the series (2-1) against Saban.