CFN rates RB's for the next draft...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 1, 2005.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2005/Preview/NextBigThing_RB.htm
    Joseph Addai made the top 10... I agree that he will have to be a "work-out warrior" to move up into the early rounds of the draft...
    And in the "also-rans"

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I'm glad SOMEONE in the media realizes our amazing depth, and that it will be VERY unlikely ANYONE will garner "gaudy" numbers this season...

3. BB

BB Founding Member

I have been tooting Addai's horn for years now - I just see NFL written all over him. Of Dominick Davis, Lebrandon Toefield, and Addai, I think Addai has the most NFL potential. I know, I know, Davis was Rookie of the Year and an impressive young pro, but I just see something in Addai that screams NFL. I'm no scout or talent evaluator, but I think Addai will really turn heads at draft time. All the intangibles like his work ethic and leadership will also bode well for him and LSU as we keep sending kids into the pro ranks. Joe Addai has quietly become one of my favorite Tigers ever...

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Les Miles appears to be very fond of Addai - he will get the necessary carries to go highly in the draft.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

But we have depth. So Addai won't have to carry it so much that he risks injury. Sweet situation.

6. locoguano

Last year this team averaged 42 carries per game.. If the qbs improve, i think it will keep the offense on the field more, allowing for more carries.. so if they are at around 50 carries a game, then i would put Broussard at 20, Addai at 15, and Vincent, Carey, and Hester splitting the other 15... Addai and Vincent will get most of the recieving yards...

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Joe Addai = tough as nails !

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

That and he's just SO freaking versatile. He can do anything. He made some outstanding catches in the Sugar Bowl to get us some much needed first downs. The UF game/comeback in '04 was basically just he and Randall doin' their thing. I thought he was probably most impressive against Arkansas last year...long catches and long runs.

One of the things that I think makes him such a good NFL prospect is the way he absorbs hits. He's not like Alley, who will run you over, or Justin, who will break your ankles. He's somewhere in between. He knows exactly the angle that the defender is approaching, and positions his feet/center of gravity accordingly. That is one amazing athlete. And to think, I was wondering if he'd ever see PT again after '03.

9. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Alley Broussard doesn't way 235??? I thought hes more around 220.

And Lendale White being on that list is a joke.

10. locoguano

Alley was around 235.. i think he is supposed to be down to 230 now.. and Lendale WHite is a better runningback that Reggie Bush...