CFN SEC preview!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Jun 17, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

they have LSU going 10-2 with losses to Auburn and Bama.
    If both LSU and AU go into the game undefeated, that is going to be one of the most exciting games in a long time.
    SEC preview

2. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

The LSU-Auburn game seems to be the most important game every year. Doesn't seem like this year will be an exception.

:lsug:

3. This should be a good year to play Bama after what they have lost, especially in coaching. I'd hate to see us loose that one. Auburns a totally different story (at this time anyway). It would be really nice to beat Florida again though, that itself would make my year.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

This is one of the better overviews. I visited CBS Sportsline today, their coverage and team summeries is WEAK!

5. SiberianTiger

SiberianTiger Founding Member

I agree a pretty good preview. A little surprised to see Georgia picked 3rd in the East. Also, hard to argue with rating us having the 3rd easiest schedule, especially since it looks like Arizona is expected to be pretty bad, but that's ok with me.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I think Georgia lost their entire O-line and Musa Smith bolted for the NFL. I think people usually underrate how important those positions are for a QB. Greene could struggle a bit.

7. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

the funniest thing about this preview is that they have Brandon Jacobs of Auburn rated as the 5th best RB in the SEC.....This guy has never played a down in the SEC, and they are already saying that he is the 5th best.....I'm calling BS on that one. Also another thing about Brandon Jacobs I have heard is that he is not as fast as everyone had thought...During the recruiting period he was listed as running a 4.45. I was listening to a local radio show (mobile, AL) that had the AU beat writers from Mobile and Montgomery on the show and they both agreed that he didn't look near as fast as advertised. They said he didn't have anywhere near the burst of speed that everyone thought.

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

If ya'll haven't noticed. Since Bear's departure, we don't lose at Bama.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

10. Auburn Tiger

Auburn Tiger Founding Member

No way you guys finish behind Bama. They will be lucky to finish .500 in the SEC. They have the talent, I think, but I believe their new coach has bitten off a little more than he can chew.