CFN, top 15

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 26, 2004.

1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

OK, the AP votes SC #1, and the Pac-10 crows.

There were 5 SEC teams and 2 PAC-10 teams in the AP top 25, and these left coast monkeys will STILL tell you how strong the PAC-10 is.

OK, the AP is CORRECT in voting SC #1, but there must have been a MISTAKE in that there are 2-1/2 times more SEC teams rated in the Top 25 than PAC-10 teams, right?

Either the Ap is wrong, or it's right.

You can't have it BOTH WAYS.

Peoples champion my @ss.

Oh my bad - East Coast Bias...

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

i find it funny how oklahoma is ahead of LSU yet both teams are supposed to be just as good as year according to CFN

if that's then case, then it's a no-brainer that LSU is ahead of OU

i know we lost our QB, but if we're not ahead of OU in any of the official polls to start next year, i'm gonna be pissed!

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

This is just CFN's poll. The official polls could be different.

4. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

First.. ain't it amazing that we (including myself) are feeling indignant at the idea that we're being ranked #3 in a preseason poll? Remember when the "no respect" complaint was because we were not in the top 15 or 20?

Second.. I find it funny that the biggest offseason offensive loss is Clayton according to them. I think I speak for most Tiger fans when I say that the *concern* anyway is with Mauck leaving, not Clayton. I think we'll reload in a big way at the WR position.. the QB position is, if nothing else, still undecided.

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I guess their reasoning is that Mike was our best offensive player, though Matt may be the one we miss the most. Time will tell

6. COTIGERFAN20

COTIGERFAN20 Freshman

Mark these words....USC will lose to Va Tech! And Auburn is overrated once again, must be kissin somebody's a$$ at the poll off. Nebraska an OU biggest surprises, watched almost every Husker game this year(damn regional coverage) and they were WEAK! Michigan will be darkhourse again, hopefully playing the TIGERS for the title this year:geaux:

7. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Did anybody see in the article where they say Auburn may have the best secondary in the conference. This is the most absurd thing I have heard. That is a slap in the face to two of the best cover corners ever to play at LSU and then add Laron with a year under his belt. I guess this same AU sec. is the one that looked stellar against us in the 1st quarter.:geaux:

8. r_bear42

r_bear42 Founding Member

The Tigers lost some key players in Mauck, Clayton, Peterman and Hunt, but I believe they have the personnel to fill those shoes. Not only just fill those shoes but perhaps do at least as good if not better job than those that left. Oh, I also don't recall LSU loosing a game since the Florida loss last year and they finished the 2003 campaign ranked #1 according to most. So if you don't loose how is it you drop from #1 to #3? Just wondering?

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member