CFN updated Bowl projections

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Oct 4, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I know it's early, but would rather go to Orlando since we haven't been there since Cholly Mac's last game. But Cotton is most likely. Somehow we need to figure out how to have one of those Texas-type years where we can lose two games, including a blowout, and still be in the top 5.

GEAUX TIGERS!

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I dont get how Georgia and Auburn will be making the BCS when they play each other the second to last week of the year, then most likely in the SECCG... either one of them will have at least 2 losses, or they will trade wins and each have a loss, either way, i dont both will be BCS.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

We would absolutely stomp Missouri!

5. Tigerfan58

Tigerfan58 Founding Member

My updated bowl projections

Orange Bowl - Auburn vs. Miami
    Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs. Texas
    Rose Bowl - USC vs. Michigan
    Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
    Cotton Bowl - LSU vs. Nebraska

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ain't it the truth. Georgia fans, if you keep winning, get ready for an anxiety filled season. You will be working the numbers and looking at all of the possibilities that might get you into the top 2. But the above says it all. The AP decides BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS which teams are worthy of the NC game. As long as the chosen ones perform, they will be there. My fondest wish is for USC to win out, then win the Orange Bowl and have Georgia so resoundingly whip Miami in their bowl that the Coaches crown them NC. Let's see then how USC will spin their Crystal Football.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Nebraska would be great, no question.

They are wonderful fans and it'd make for a pretty cool bowl experience, IMO.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I still don't see anyway Auburn comes close to going undefeated. 1 loss? Possibly but 0 losses? I just dont see it

9. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I met some Nebraska fans at the Independence Bowl a coupleof years back. As their loss to Eli and the Rebels was winding down, I saw several of their fans cursing their coaches and players. Now I've occasionally seen one or two fans getting out of control on their own fellows before, but this was a full throated obscene chorus of hate. Some of the LSU fans that were around us were shocked at how harsh the "Children of the Corn" could be.
    :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :lsug:

10. AustinTXHorn

AustinTXHorn Founding Member

No way Nebraska gets into the Cotton Bowl. It's very rare that a Big 12 North team goes to the Cotton Bowl. Not only that, but I'm not completely sure that Nebraska will even win 6 games to get to a bowl this year.

I'd expect to see Oklahoma State or possibly Missouri. Of course, Texas is always a possiblity if we find a way to screw up another game besides OU.