CFN's rankinks 1-119

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 22, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

A few notes:

They rank Iowa number 21 but their predicted finish is 11-1.:confused:

If the Hawkeyes finish the regular season 11-1 they'll be in the top 10. I realize they say that these rankings are going into the season, but how can you say a team has the talent to go 11-1 and not rank them higher.

They predict the Irish will go 8-4, wow. The only outlet I've seen that isn't firmly entrenched in the ND camp.

They predict AU to go 11-1, LSU and UF to go 10-2 and UT to go 9-3. That's only 6 losses to 4 teams. And then they predict Ark. and UGA to both go 9-3. Seems like theat isn't enough losses to go around to me. Maybe not.

The top 10 based on talent going into the season is:

1. USC
    2. UTx
    3. tOSU
    4. OU
    5. Miami
    6. Auburn
    7. LSU
    8. Cal
    9. UF
    10 UTenn.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2006/Rankings/Preview2006_1_10.htm

2. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

miami number 5...'

oklahoma seems like the popular team to hump this year.

haha, love the AP diss. i have really liked these rankings so far. while i may not entirely agree with everything, their statements have had very good thinking behind them(havent gotten to iowa's horrible 11-1 record yet tho lol). they get big points with me for saying QB is a strong spot for us and not listing DLine as a weakness. shows that they know something and have their own opinions

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

i agree, somehow i don't see 4 SEC teams finishing in the top ten, let alone #6,7,9 and 10

4. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

whoops i just read that, thats how they graded them going into the season, not how it'll end up, that makes a lot more sense now

5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

havent they always ranked teams based on how good they think theyll be regardless of schedule? theyre not trying to predict where a team will finish the year.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yup, this has been the topic of the day on our forum, too. This is CFN's preseason guess... and next week when they do projected finishes, we'll be in the top ten.
    So.... somewhere between 1 and 21... way to go out on a limb there, CFN!!

In many, many ways, we're just like you this year. We both have scary OOC games early that we're suppose to win easily... you against Arizona and us against Iowa State. These games may be closer than either of us wants.
    Then big September games... you at Auburn and us at home to tOSU.

The media can rank us wherever they wish... if we both get through September clean, we'll be getting all the hype we would ever want.

Man, I can't wait. This is gonna be some season.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Don't really agree with that top ten one bit. USC over Texas, OSU, and OU? Miami at 5? Tenn at 10?

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Damn.. thought UL would crack the top 100 this year.. heh..

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

This is just cfn's poll, it matters not. They crack the top 100 in one of the polls I believe.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

they should be taking the usual UNT spot this year in the 70s or so.. they should win 8 or 9 games...