CHAD JONES OLB NEXT YEAR??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SOUTHPAW, Nov 18, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

He will play free safety. Thats my belief.
    He is on a football scholarship right?

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

It has always been there; he has said as much. He spoke about how being allowed to play both sports was a large contributing factor in his selection of LSU. Remember, he was a starter in the outfield before spring football practice started. I'm not saying with any certainty that his future lies in baseball, just that he likes playing it more.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I hope so. And yes, he is on a football scholarship.

4. Berge

Berge Founding Member

That doesn't matter if he plays the full season and gets drafted in baseball.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

But he knew what would happen if he played spring football. Look the guy loves both. He will play free safety next year and isn't Loston a Strong Safety. So what's the problem?

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I'm saying there is a lot of regret there for him.

Given the chance again, I do not think he will pass up a starting spot for football.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Yep, he has never backed off that stance. I thought he might down play it some for his College Gameday feature before the UF game but nope he stuck to his guns.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The guy bats .350 too. Scouts are all over him.

Any athlete who plays football and another must must be on a football scholarship. Them's the rules.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

And i have to admit, I've always read and heard that. I guess when he skipped the season this year to focus on football that I had it all wrong. Maybe it is his first love but man, it doesn't seem like it. Maybe he went with football this year because of Jared Mitchell. Could that be possible?

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Miles told CPM that we needed him in Spring practice this year and that was it. He wants to play both sports but he knows that in doing so he has to go by what Miles tells him because he is on a football scholarship. PM wants it to stay that way also with the very limited number of baseball scholarships each year by the NCAA.

Les and Paul have a good understanding when it comes to 2 sport athletes.

Jones worked at my dad's office a couple of years ago and it was no secret what his favorite sport is but he also understands that football is providing him a full ride.

Will be interesting to see what kind of draft projections he has in the NFL and MLB over the next 2 years. Will the big money of the NFL persuade him or will he be drafted in the top 2 rounds of the MLB and it won't matter?