Chad Jones to the NFL draft....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Pro.

There will most likely be a player lockout in 2011 because they have not settled on a labor agreement in the NFL.

I think Jones will probably be a high to mid 2nd rounder. Taylor Mays looks like he's shaping up to be the next Tebucky Jones: amazing athlete that is simply not a very good football player. Mays' draft stock has fallen and Chad Jones could take advantage of the void there.

Most of the draft sites had Chad as the #1 Free Safety for the 2011 draft. With Eric Berry entering the draft (Strong Safety) it'll be interesting to see where Chad winds up.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Personally, I don't think he would ever climb to Landry's level. Landry was very, very special from the moment he stepped on the field as a freshman.

All of that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see even more juniors declaring this year, after watching guys like Bradford and McCoy and, in our program, Scott going down with injuries this season. It might play into the minds of these guys weighing their choices.

3. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I think it's very likely with some, especially with the upcoming rookie salary limits. Injuries will probably stick out as a good reason to go for many as well.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

that one! thanks!

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Baseball contracts are guaranteed and as a left-handed pitcher who throws hard he could wear the jersey a long, long time and make a ton of money.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

some kids get their degrees early (snead). some are scared of getting hurt (mccoy bradford, tebow, etc). some have kids which make the bird in the hand more valuable. some really hate school and are looking for any excuse.