Chad Jones to try out with Saints

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A little surprised no one has posted this yet. Speculation is - if he can come back - that he won't have the speed for the secondary, but could play weakside linebacker. Saints are the franchise that put its trust in a rehabbing Drew Brees before he was ready, and had that faith rewarded. Can lightning strike twice?

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

In an interview he had with Rome, he mentioned how the Giants had been so supportive during his rehab. I missed the announcement that they had cut him, but thought it was a class move for how they helped him throughout his whole ordeal. They could have done what most other teams would have done and just cut him after his accident, but they signed him and footed the bill for most of his treatment.

That said, I'd love to see him in black and gold. Hope he make it. I know they've played a lot better lately, but that defense still needs all the help it can get.

3. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Amazing youngman.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Would love to see him back there instead of the cheap shot artist Roman Harper who can't outrun a gimp knee white quarterback.

Richdog likes this.
  5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

He ran out at halftime yesterday of the Nola Bowl and appeared to still be limping on the sidelines....wish him all the best, hope he makes it.

6. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

His comeback would be amazing and I wish him the very best.

I remember he was in a one car accident, but never heard the details. Normally that would mean, speeding, driving while impaired or something like that. Can anyone fill in the details?

7. tigerchick46

I'm not sure of the details, but before the Nola Bowl in the Superdome they ran a special on him documenting his accident/injuries (I was under alcoholic influence and didn't catch the details of why he got in an accident), his leg looked like it was completely mangled. They showed graphic photos on the big screens and I would guess 50 % of his thigh and calf muscles look to be scar tissue.....it's maybe the nastiest looking injury I've ever seen and I regularly see spinal injuries/surgeries. I truly don't see how he can come back and play anything with his leg like that. He ran out on the field after the story on the big screen, waved to the crowd and took a big ovation. Again, he had a noticeable limp on the sidelines amazing he can even walk after what happened......wish him the best. :)

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

baseball, chad jones, baseball.

b_leblanc likes this.
  9. tigerchick46

10. tigerchick46

I'd be shocked if he could play anything....