Chad Jones to try out with Saints

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

I like Chad Jones, lotta respect for the guy for what he went through and was able to accomplish. But, with all due respect, playing football just doesn't seem like the best choice for him. I must agree with Martin on this... Baseball... I mean, pro football? After a major injury like that? Seems like he would be more susceptible to injury playing football. I liken this to melting a wrench handle down to about 1/8 inch then using it to rebuild an engine.

2. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

He should have never been in that position to have that car wreck! 90 MPH on St. Charles Ave.

3. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Joe Theisman, QB, Notre Dame 1970, Washington Redskins, Super Bowl Winner 1982, was worse.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Carrolton Avenue.. Just sayin'... And I don't recall ever reading anything (official) about how fast he was or wasn't traveling. Not that I couldn't have overlooked it. He was however charged with careless operation of a vehicle.

5. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Theisman never played again after that injury, so your comparison is no comparison.....my question was did anyone ever end up playing pro sports AFTER an injury as bad as Chad Jones.....I think the answer is no.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'll say it again, if he evers plays a down in the NFL it will be the greatest comeback from an injury ever.

1BIGTIGER and Richdog like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I disagree. While Joe's leg was snapped in 2 "clearly" Chad had either and axle or a drive line snap, penetrate the floorboard of the vehicle and then drive into his leg. The Theisman injury was terrible to watch on live TV like so many of us did but if someone said "Shane, you are going to have one of these injuries, no way around it, pick one" I'm going with what happened to Joe 100 out of 100 times.

Richdog and orlandotiger like this.
  8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Joes injury was nothing by comparison. Bone snapping is nothing. Joe had some tough luck with the way he grew back his bones. Broken bones are usually relatively minor Injuries. For example, I have snapped my leg bones, and also torn my acl, and the acl injury was infinitely worse in terms of rehab and damage and pain and everything. A broken bone, even a gruesome one that bends all terrible and disgusting, is not that bad, it heals right up. Tendon and ligament and tissue damage is way way worse. Chad jones Injury is the worst thing anyone has ever looked at and I wish I had never heard of it.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

If you saw the 30 for 30 film, "You Don't Know Bo," you'd have heard about Bo playing baseball with an artificial hip. No football, though. Do you consider a hip-replacement as bad as Chad's injury?

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No, especially with the advances of today. I think they said on that show had this happened to Bo in the now that they could get him back onto the field.