Challenge from the South End-Zone!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kenny Kerth, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Kenny Kerth

Kenny Kerth Founding Member

Time to put up or shut up Tiger fans. This year I think our crowd participation has been pretty bland. We have reacted to whatever is happening on the field. The only facet of the game that we actually control is crowd noise. This weed we need to become an active part of the game. Many bamalanders have diamissed the reputation of Death Valley. This may be because they haven't seen just what it can be like, or maybe they truly don't respect how involved in a game we can become. We have an obligation to the tradition of Tiger Stadium to carry the banner for what even their most storried coace called "the worst place to be a visiting team." The posts on thes site and others tell of how they will take the crowd out of the game with some early success, is this not bulletin board material for our fan base? These people beliece that we ar that eaisly controled. Tiger Stadium needs to be loud Saturday Night! I don't mean trash talking loud or one little burst of noise that moves the earth loud, or even south carolina loud.... I mean so loud you can feel the noise, have to scream to the person sitting next to you, ears ringing until Wednesday loud. We have no excuse....Night game (even getting an extra hour to .....prepare), national TV, and a ranked SEC West opponent. As the self appointed spokesman for the South End-Zone I issue this challenge to all you Northerners....The South End-Zone will out yell, out attend, out stay, and out pary any other part of the stadium...any challengers???.....Also just wondering when was the last time a visiting team couldn't get off a snap because of the noise? ohio st. Maybe it's time has come again...TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT, TIGER BAIT.....I can't wait:p

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

what's on your mind "weed".....j/k I know you meant "week"

I agree 110%...Fact is we have not had a home game this year to get really pumped about. The only half way decent home game this year has been USC and to be honest no one was really worried about them. This weekend is our first true test and I believe that every true Tiger fan is worried about it. That said, we as fans know that we have to help our team where as no other game this year we felt like we had to help. Trust Me, if I know our fans, WE WILL BE IN FULL FORCE.

Break out the seismographs!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

3. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I have been going to Bama vs LSU games since the early 60's and have found that as soon as the Tigers get behind the seats start getting empty. An empty seat makes no noise fans. Another myth about a loud stadium is it bothers the visitors. The Tide actually thrives off a loud crowd and feeds off the energy, they love playing on the road. Neyland stadium can be pretty loud with 107,000 mostly in roadworker orange. They were silenced. I'm hoping that team shows up at Tiger Stadium and not the one that played Georgia. One win against the Tide in Baton Rouge in 33 years really has me scared.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am a 4 year Veteran of Section 5 in the South EndZone, and I find us to be O.K. We have one group of mid 20 loud mouths but the cops have come up and shut them up. (Those idiots who just stand and yell at Saban the whole time).

USC game cops called them over and told them to shut the hell up (Once again throws the dumb comments made by rival fans into the toilet)

Yes we need to get louder, but you must remember most of us are older and we are no longer part of the great student section.

But I will try.

5. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

I'm not impressed that crowd noise...

Will be a major factor. I haven't been to DV in years, but Neyland is louder than any other stadium I've been in, particularly a couple of weeks ago. (If no other reason, that'll stick with me for a long time - the $10,000 Holiday Inn Room - maxed out my card). We have a pretty good set of "silent signals," and, as BT said the crowd quieted down pretty quickly. However, the boos that lasted for about ten minutes after we got the (bad) call on the pitch to Beard, you could feel all the way to the marrow of your bones.

6. TexasTigers

Neyland in nothing like Tiger Stadium. Even the Bear said, there is none like Tiger Stadium. He said it was like being in a Drum.

www.tigerstadium.com

7. TexasTigers

Read the reviews.

Although if we get down early, we tend to focus more on our toddies.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't think every game at Tiger Stadium is like being in a "drum" but there have been more in the last 3 years like this than I can ever remember in a short period of time. A game must be at night with a big game feel to maximize crowd participation. We definitely have that this week. I know that I'll be going all out to help, even if there are some quieter moments. I hate to be "that guy" during a game vs. The Citadel or other less opponents but this is BAMA for the WEST. If I'm yelling too loud, you should've stayed home and watched ESPN. THERE'S NO BETTER FEELING THAN YELLING AS LOUD AS YOU CAN, YET YOU CAN HEAR WHICH VOICE IS YOURS.

Saban's first 3 games with 90K+ were Tenn, Miss St (when they were good), and Bama in 2000. That's what you call bringing the Magic back.

9. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

I never said that Tiger Stadium wasn't loud, only that 107,000 (mostly in roadworker orange) at Neyland was also loud. I look for this one to start off really loud. Saban has brought back the fire in the crowd. The Bama faithful travel well, I'm sure the RV's have started pulling in by now. I wonder with the late start how many of the older crowd will decide to pass on the game? I am only 56 and I wouldn't miss this one for the world. Look for Coach Fran to pull his Allbarn plan out and try to silence the crowd early. Hope I get to hear our pep band play "Yea Alabama" early and often.

10. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I think that there is a big difference between the 107,000 in Neyland versus the 92,000 in DV. Tennessee fans have a tendency to get very quiet and stay that way once things go bad. I was at the SECCG last year and they were playing Rocky Top and being pretty loud for the first half, but once things turned around they shut up real quick. I'll never forget being there in the fourth quarter with all the Vols sitting on their hands while our little corner of Tiger fans was going nuts. I've traveled to most SEC sites over the past few years, and I know I'm biased, but I've never heard anything as consistently loud as DV on Saturday night.