Championship parade/Stadium celebration

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotskeeters, Jan 19, 2004.

1. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Who is planning a tailgate party at LSU prior to Saturday's parade in Baton Rouge? We tailgate for all home games (and most away games, including Arizona this year), and were wondering how many of us Tiger fans would be there this Saturday.

If you are, please let us know where you will be...in your normal tailgating spot, or somewhere closer to the stadium?

We normally tailgate directly in front of the Natatorium under the oaks on Nicholson drive. Look for the Eye of the Tiger flag!...see you Saturday!

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PARTY....HERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE ADVOCATE...
    (Remeber....tailgating at the stadium is encouraged!)

The 2003 LSU national championship football team will be honored at a celebration scheduled at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 24 in Tiger Stadium
    The event will be held after the Tigers participate in the "Parade of Champions" in downtown Baton Rouge.

The National Championship Celebration at Tiger Stadium will include the presentation of bowl game and championship trophies as well as performances by the LSU Tiger Band and comments from university officials, coach Nick Saban and players.

The day will conclude with the hoisting of a new national championship flag.

LSU officials say tailgating at the stadium is encouraged.

Also, shuttles will be available to transport fans from Tiger Stadium to downtown and back in time for the on-campus celebration.

Because a large number of fans is expected, the event will not be an autograph opportunity. Fans may bring still and video cameras to record the event.

The Parade of Champions will begin at noon at Spanish Town Road and North Fourth Street.

The parade will proceed south on North Fourth Street, turn right at North Boulevard, then roll north on Third Street until concluding with a ceremony at the Capitol.

:lsug:

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I'm so stupid. Never thought about the tailgating possibility. Look for the Col Reb wearing his Ole Miss (RED) jacket. (and a smile_) You don't have to feed me. Just give me a smile and maybe a hug. How about a picture of a Reb and Tiger together?

3. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

We always feed the needy! LOL
    Come on bye Col Reb. We'll have some wine and cheese for you...or maybe Boone's Farm and Velveeta, if you perfer.
    :D

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

feed me

how about a little clabber and biscuits? Duh? Looking forward to meeting you....................