Change of opinion!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Feb 8, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

O.K., so the Basketball team does seem to be coming together and while I didn't get to see the game yesterday I have heard reports from even the detractors that they moved much better without the ball, made much better passes around the perimeter in order to get an opening, hit some outside shots and actually drove the lane and dished. While I still don't think we are a good team and we haven't really beaten any good teams, at least we appear to be better than I thought.

And after perusing through several basketball websites and looking at a lot of stuff overnite it appears that college basketball is really a case of the haves and have nots this year, much moreso than normal. You could probably pick out the 20 best teams in the land and say they belong in another league and then take the middle 75 teams and lump them together and that is where LSU should be. Maybe next year when we get Davis and if this unknwon Juco guy is any good we can move on up, of course we do lose Jaimie(?) so that will hurt. I wonder if Tasmin can sue to leave HS early and join LSU next season?;)

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Lookout.... some people around here are a bit sensitive about whats said about John Brady's team. Don't dare say anything negative about the basketball team, for John Brady's team has no flaws.(sarcasm)

Our perfect basketball team needs no work in any area. If you dare say they do, post at your own risk.<disclaimer

:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I personally don't care if you point out that LSU has a problem shooting free throws. It's pretty obvious to anyone but if you feel the need to point it out, that's fine. The point of my response to your post was that you implied that Brady needs to be told this. The other thing that gets under my skin is so called fans who are not satisfied unless we are in the top 10 and undefeated. This team, IMHO, is overacheiving based upon their youth and lack of depth.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I agree that this team is doing very well. My post wasn't intended to bash or question Brady's coaching ability. The post was a "spur of the moment" post. I posted it while watching an LSU player miss both of his freethrows. I think some of you just read too deeply into my post instead of taking it with a grain of salt. I've just never experienced such an uproar from such a simple post.

5. SabanFan

You're probably right. There are some on this board (and they will never admit it) that actually hope the team will lose so they can justify their unfair criticisms. Earlier in the year I swore I wasn't going to bother with them but sometimes it just pi$$es me off. You are not in that category.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Just a misunderstanding, it's cool.

:geaux: :lsug: :geaux:

7. LSULSULSU

LSULSULSU Founding Member

You got yourself wrap around an axle.

Just a comment.

8. SabanFan

???:shock: