Character of this team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

It is early in the year and there is a long way to go. I see some of the 2007's team's character in this year's team. Don't jump down my throat. I am NOT comparing talent experience or coming close to making a prediction. It is just that this team seems to know itself, has confideance (less JJ) and determination to win similar to what the 2007 team showed. 2008 & 9 teams showed bluster and a lack of conviction.
    It raises hope not only for this year but for the future.
    :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I can see where you are coming from, only because I am very open minded and not ignorant. We have some similarities at certain positions...

But '07 Season Jumped Out at me MUCH MORE than the start of this year.

We started our first three games out scoring our opponents 137 to 7

Opened the season on the road in conference play with 45-0 Rout over State, then came home to shove it up Va Tech's A$$ 48-7. Before knocking out a scrub team Middle Tenn. 44-0

Just a tad bit of a difference.......

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No doubt the 07 team was mature and senior lead. It started out with a top 5 ranking which was justified. They also had Matt Flynn at QB, a cool leader, on offense and Dorsey et al on defense. This year they are young young young and not to be compared in accomplishment.
    I think you see my meaning about the will they show and a refusal to lose any play or series. Hopefully their capability and performance will grow and match 07. If we are being lead by freshman & sophmores as I think we are, then there is great hope for NOW and the future.

4. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I definitely see what you are saying and point well taken.

Speaking of "Point"

We only have to win each game by one - who cares how pretty it is, it wont ever be prettier than another NC trophy in our field house!

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Very true I mean what is more impressive:

24 - 3
    38 - 14 or
    48 - 24

I mean they are all 24 point victories, right. Sure the first one shows the O can score, but not a ton, and the D is totally dominant. The second shows the O can score, and is solid, but the D is dominant but has some holes. The third shows the O is pretty strong and can score a good chunk, but the D is pretty sketchy and weak. Which would you rather have as the win. Me I'll take the first one. If your D isn't allowing the opposition to score all your O needs to do is score 1 more point than them. :D

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

This team reminds me of a 2007 team, but not LSU's. Georgia's 2007 squad started out very slow and didn't look very impressive. Then around midseason everything started to click, and afterward they tore through everybody they played, up to and including a vastly outmatched Hawaii team in the Sugar Bowl. By season's end they were red hot and playing better football than almost anyone else. LSU is a team that's showing a lot of very good pieces, but it needs good QB play and a good offensive game plan going forward. I keep hoping the light bulb went off in Les' head Saturday that this spread option crap needs to be killed, that power football with the occasional spread elements thrown in to spring Shep and keep defenses honest is the way forward.

2 people like this.
  7. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

did you graduate from USL??? :dis:

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Man, you're good and thanks for the lesson.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Ooops, that was supposed to be 27-3, but hey I'm sure it gave everyone a good laugh. I know I'm laughing at myself. Thanks for pointing out my stupidity. lol

10. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

good comparison. hope you are right, except maybe we gel on offense a little earlier, and we don't have a QB near the level of UGA that year - a guy named Stafford who went on to be a top 10 draft pick.