Character of this team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Good article from Jacques about this team. I posted the part I liked the best from the article and this team.

Jacques Talk

As someone who interviews this team on a weekly basis … spring football, fall practice, game weeks … I can say that LSU indeed has a great group of kids. The police blotter compared to other powerhouses is minimal. The players answer "yes sir" and "no sir" to questions. They speak clearly and look at you when doing so. They complement each other and their opponents. And when you see guys like Nevis and Kelvin Sheppard hug after recovering that huge fourth quarter fumble … you truly get the feeling it's real, not artificial.

Jacques Talk: Miles' Finest Hour - WAFB Channel 9, Baton Rouge, LA |

2. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Nice article, thanks. I have to say that I love the guys on this team as much as any LSU team I've ever watched. We seem to have a lot of character and leadership on the field, and I want nothing but the best for these guys.

This year reminds me so much of 2007 in that I want the team to win big not for my enjoyment, but for them. It's a much longer road to the BCSCG this time around given our loss to Auburn, but damn, I want something special to happen for this team.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Thanks for posting that.

4. shere khan

shere khan Founding Member

Good article!

:thumb:

5. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

All things start from the top down. Gotta feel the love. You can motivate out of fear, respect, love, etc. Sometimes a hug works better.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Great article. As has been discussed on here and other forums, it is obvious the team hears what Miles doesn't give a rats ass about, and they take it personal. Personal enough to stand up and take on the detractors to show them how much CLM means to them.

So, if you didn't think these kids were listening, listening to the booing and the snide remarks against their coach, you were wrong. Wrong to the point of that a group of 18-20 something yr old young men have bravely stood by their coach and said their peace to set the record straight. Stood by their coach and acted more adult than the people who would try to tear their coach down.

Nice to see, these kids would walk through fire and take a bullet to show their loyalty to their coach. Not something you see from many programs in college or professional sports. Miles is most definately respected and loved by those who play for and work with him. Regardless of what some might think, I don't think you can replace that.

2 people like this.
  7. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Great article.....I really think this is the "closest" lsu team I have ever witnissed. The leadership of kelvin sheppard flat out amazes me....some of the stories I have heard about things he does from friends of the program is simply amazing...he is like a father to the whole team.

8. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Thanks for posting the article.

I noticed on several occasions that LSU players are engaged in the conversation when Coach Miles calls them over to the sideline for a 'lecture'; they look at Coach in the eyes whereas other players from other teams roll their eyes or look away.

These LSU players for a long time have had loads of character and I am very proud to rout for them.

9. jwp475

jwp475 Freshman

The fact tht the players stand up for Miles, speaks volumes about the man IMHO and it is all good

10. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

Nice article, thanks for sharing.