Charles and Divinity will Play Saturday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Per Coach O in his Presser. Good news! T-Bob asked about Divinity getting back on the field with emergence of Damone Clark, he said they'd like to get em all on the field and Divinity may see some time coming off the edge.

Fanua will be out a while, had surgery on his hand. Baskerville and McCallum will be good, not at the level of the others right now.

Some dude asked about if it's Herman does that mean anything. Coach O responded "don't care"

Says he's talked to LaTech regarding the conditions they should expect in DKR, concerns about the heat, etc. Supposed to be near 100 degrees at kickoff (I concur, I live just south of Austin in San Antonio and it's been awful).

Asked for comp to Ehlinger, he said Tebow. Not saying as good as Tebow or not as good, but similar style player. I agree.

Asked about the magnitude of the game, "it's very important" and "we gotta learn how to handle this". Says it's not gonna change how they prepare.

Asked about the relationship with Aranda and Herman, he says it's overrated (with regards how it affects planning)

Asked about Glen Logan, says he played "fantastic" mentioning specific plays. Says "Glen Logan did not miss ONE rep in camp, and I can't say that about any other defensive lineman".

Asked about communication between E and Brady, how many of Brady's plays 'got through'. Says "a bunch", he was on the headset and heard the communication.

Asked how are they gonna prepare for Ehlinger (with regards to scout team, who's Ehlinger?). Says they don't have an Ehlinger on the team, have to stay disciplined, Ehlinger runs a lot more than Joe.

Asked about the DBU shirts Texas was wearing in their pregame, says "all I care about it we're LSU".

Asked about OL, praised Deculus, says Charles coming back is gonna help, but the test is bigger this week.

Asked how this offense (and running it successfully) helps recruiting, he says it's a huge advantage, especially with QB recruiting. Says the recruits have mentioned it this week already, that's the type of offense they wanna run at LSU.

Says Magee and Hines still in a battle, Hines with work to do.

Says he wanted to get all 5 backs in the games and test them (mentioned turnovers specifically), liked what he saw, gonna use all 5.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Charles playing is great news, im not sure Divinity gets that job back because of Clark, but Divinity is pretty damn good off the edge.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You missed the suspension conversation, I don't think it is a case of job security. Same for Charles

Absolutely GREAT to see you back by the way!

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

Thanks man,glad to be back, however, I dont think Divinity gets the inside linebacker job back as a starter, I think Clark is just too talented not to be in that position on a majority of the snaps.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is good news if we have that much talent

LSU_4_LIFE and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Clark is a monster and he didn't get the start Saturday just because the suspension. He earned it and he showed why.

lsu-i-like and shane0911 like this.
  7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I don't disagree. It's similar to when Greedy played because of a suspension, never left the field after that.

Divinity belongs outside anyway, IMO

LSUMASTERMIND and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Near as I can figure, the only way to get Divinity back into the lineup on the outside is to sit Todd Harris and move Jacoby Stevens back. The participation report from Saturday lists Chaisson and Stevens as OLBs and Harris at S with Delpit, and I don't see taking Stevens out of the lineup. A LB group of Chaisson, Clark, Phillips and Divinity is insanely good.

LSU_4_LIFE and KyleK like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'm more concerned with who starts at RT when Charles comes back, Deculus or Traore?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

Deculus, his footwork improved drastically from what I saw.

Fishhead likes this.