Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple & Gold, Jan 3, 2011.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Plus, he won't be limited by recruiting like he was at Notre Dame.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I tend to disagree to at some level with this. During the last 6-8 yrs UF has been the King in Fla, but with FSU, USF, and now possibly UM all on the rise the competition for the top talent in Fla is going to get tougher to land these kids. Kids are already being plucked by the likes of LSU, Bama, UGA, AU, and several other teams in the SEC, now add in other teams throughout Fla getting back into the top programs, the pieces of the pie start to get gobbled up pretty quickly.

This isn't to say that UF won't still get top talent, just that they might start losing out on a 5* and 4* recruit here and there that over the past 6-8 yrs they were these kids 1st choice.

3. LSUTyga73

But the thing is, there's enough talent in Florida and the southeast region to go around for all of them. Even though Miami and FSU have been down, they've still had really good recruiting classes the past few years. Even with that, Florida still managed to snag top 5 rankings every year. Muschamp and Weiss are proven recruiters and I don't think that area will drop off much.

My original point was that Weiss can now pick any player he wants regardless of grades to recruit, which he couldn't do at Notre Dame.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This part is true, and yes UF has still been able to snag top 5-10 classes, but I still think that they will lose out on a player here and there that they otherwise would have gotten before. Think back to the late 90's and early 00's when FSU and UM were still dominant and UF was going thru a down period. I know thru the mid 90's all 3 were strong, but you didn't have as many out of state programs plucking from their back yard as you do now.

It may not be enough to have much of an effect on them, but it could still make recruiting a bit more difficult if for no other reason than just the competition for these kids.

5. LSUTyga73

In the end, like it usually does, it'll come down to who's more successful. If Florida doesn't improve by much then yeah the recruiting will suffer. And I agree about the competition. Suddenly the kids in Tampa and Orlando will consider staying home and playing for UCF or USF if it means being ranked and beating SEC teams in bowl games :rolleye33:

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

With so many hc's being fired in the NFL , there would be a great opportunity for lsu to get a newly jobless oc from the NFL ranks. I don't know all the names and stats like some of the genius's on this board but I still would love to see an offensive co with NFL experience come to lsu. I think it would help recruiting especially at qb and turn this team around. A smash mouth running game and a pro passing attack to go along with our mean azz defense would be a dream come true. This spread option crap is not a good fit for us and I think miles would be more comfortable with a true power running game

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wonder if Josh McDaniels would be a decent OC hire?

I still want Norm Chow.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Be careful what you ask for.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I would be perplexed if he ended up here. I just wonder if he would be a good college OC. He will probably end up being Kansas City's offensive coordinator when Weis leaves. I mean hell, he is probably a hero there anyway, for absolutely ruining the Broncos.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

:lol:

I've heard from more than source that McDaniels was an arrogant, first class jerk while he was in Denver. Most in the Broncos organization were happy to see him get canned.