Chase Pittman leaving Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Does anyone know where he is transferring to?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/pages/releases/2003_04/010/041404_40.html

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Man, does anybody from Evangel ever finish up where they start out at?

4. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

really man. They can't stay at one school. It might have something to do with those kids believing that they walk on water before they ever go through a college practice. It's tough for those kids to handle having to compete for playing time. The answer always seems to be "it's somebody else's fault that i can't get on the field. I'm transferring."

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

There have been a couple at LSU that have stayed and were decent players but for the most part Evangel is the most overrated program in the nation when it comes to producing college players. They are a gimmick team that has success on the High School level because of the offensive system they run. They also tend to produce players with head problems but NOT ALL of their players fall into that group. Byron Dawson and Phillip Maxwell were quiet players that did their job without complaining and stayed until the end of their eligibility. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

That is very true...especially in the case of Dawson, who was a pretty
    serviceable DT. But let's just look at the QBs alone:

Josh Booty - we all know his story.
    Phillip Deas - went to UNC, couldn't hack it there, transferred to La. Tech,
    finished career on bench.
    Brock Berlin - went to UF, now stinking it up at Miami, where he probably
    won't be able to beat out Kyle Wright this year.
    Brent Rawls - went to OU, couldn't hack it there, got in some trouble and transferred to La. Tech, where he is currently riding the pine.

Not a very good track record for just the QBs from Evangel. I won't
    even go into the other position players like Abram Booty, or the tragic cases like Cole Pittman. The attrition history of kids coming out of this high school ought to keep college coaches away from that campus like it was a leper colony.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Well St. Nick signed Jacob Hester in his last recruiting class. Guess he wasn't listening to you.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I agree with virtually everything stated here and elsewhere on this subject but Abram Booty was probably the best Evangel player to come out and perform up to expectations while at LSU. He was an excellent receiver who ended up with some pretty severe back problems and I think he also got married in this time.

So I don't think it fair to include him in "the failed Evangel players" category.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Smart man, because, by and large, if he listened to me, he'd be out of a job. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hester comes from the new regime at Evangel...the non-Booty one Coach Saban is attempting to re-establish ties with. We'll see if he pans out.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

I think I saw Abram Booty drop 2 passes the entire time he was at LSU - his contributions in 2 seasons alone make his career a success to me. I have to agree that he should not be included in the mix. Also, wasn't there a stud linebacker or D-lineman from Evangel who played at Florida and was really good? Anyone remember that kid? I also think Hester will be a terrific Tiger!