Chase Pittman leaving Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Apr 15, 2004.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Isn't Richard Smith at Arkansas from Evangel? You know. They guy that helped to keep LSU from making a 2nd straight trip to the SEC Championship game...

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Abrahm Booty quit on the team because of his dislike of Dinardo and the offense he ran. Back problem my a$$ he later played college football at a small time school and tried out for the NFL, doesn't sound like a major back problem to me. He had one really good season and then flaked out. He was definitely a "failed player". :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

TT is right about booty except i don't think he was a bust. he had 2 good years that isn't a bust. and he left the team because he didn't agree with the way Dinardo ran the team. Who can blame him. he let the players do what the hell they wanted and thats why the team had so many problems. and Abram did get hurt but, he also played at a small school ( Valparaso i think) and he did sign a contract with the browns last year. he is no longer with them though.

4. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Abram Booty failed and is the major source of problems at Evangel. He dropped passes late in several games that cost LSU the game. Notice, Pittman was not a failure but in line to start. Guess he just got tired of Brown and living in his brother's shadow. Hester was a stab at trying to get back into Evangel and may make a good special teams player if LSU is lucky.

5. Mis'sippi Tigah

Mis'sippi Tigah South End Zone Bleachers

It was Valdosta State that Abram transferred to, no?

That was before the modeling gig, too wasn't it?

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

yes it was

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Sign him up

Probably tough to live in the shadows of a dead brother ... he's probably had enough.

This kid can play anywhere ... even LSU ... and you Evangel hating clowns need to chill.

I'd love to see LSU get this kid.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think it is hating Evangel it is a matter of facing and stating the facts. As I mentioned we had a couple of players from Evangel that seemed to be real good kids and Dawson saw extensive playing time in his career. However the amount of hype that the majority of division I prospects from Evangel have recieved has by far exceeded their accomplishments on the field. There also is a trend of kids quiting programs and moving elsewhere. I for one do not hate Evangel and think we should still recruit top notch players from the school but there does seem to be something that makes many of these players seem less stable than the average recruit, Florida States recruits excluded. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

9. nachocheez

nachocheez Freshman

10. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

So exactly who are

the predators that Mr. Pittman is speaking about? Another team that Chase wants to go to?