Chavis philosophy= prevent for 60 minutes agree?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsutigerfan1976, Jan 1, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

good point.

2. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Chavis is obviously a dreadful DC.

Hopefully he goes to UGA.

I want an aggressive, dominating D. Not this soft crap he runs.

See ya chief!

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Our D was light years better than it was last year. That said, I basically agree with you. Chavis has forgotten more about being a DC then I'll ever know, but I HATE his style. I like an attacking style D that disguises coverages and blitzes anyone at any time from any angle. Chavis style tends to be more of a 'bend but don't break' zone, which is one reason the dreaded '3rd and Chavis' rears it's ugly a$$ so much. It's so frustrating giving the opposing team a fresh set of downs so many times on 3rd and longs. It's demoralizing to the D. Even when we do blitz, it seems to be very predictable and easy to pick up.

I hate to admit this, but I am kind of hoping the 'Chavis to Ga' rumors will pan out; even though they've already been shot down. I would love to get John Tenuta as a DC. Even though his D at ND was the downfall of that team, I would like to think his aggressive style would work alot better for us; given the athletes we could provide.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Every time LSU blitzed PSU completed a pass to a wide open receiver. Chavis doesn't have the DL to play pressure D.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Did you watch the game? LSU brought safeties and LB's several times and got burned on every one. LSU's DL doesn't take up enough blockers for the blitz to be effective. You can't play pressure D with a weak DL, it all starts up front.

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Chavis's style is prevent the other team from scoring, it was what he played at Tennessee and that is what you plays here. He is not every effective at dialing up blitz, for his scheme to be a dominate defense the front 4 must play huge.

If you don't have a dominating front 4 than the other team is not going to get off the field, and that is exactly what happened all year.

If you don't like a bend and don't break defense you don't hire a bend and don't break defensive coach.

7. hadskey76

hadskey76 Founding Member

I didn't hire him, I'm just a disgruntled fan that does not understand how you can drop eight into coverage and still not cover anybody on third downs.

8. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!