Chavis to UGA?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gumborue, Dec 18, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

"-- John Chavis (LSU Defensive Coordinator): Jim Donnan on 680theFan threw this one out today as a viable, legitimate candidate. Why would he leave LSU? My take on JD's: Money, long term stability and Richt vs. Miles as a boss. If Michigan can't get their crap together next year, they will likely make a run at Miles again. I can't see Chavis in Michigan. This is a very long shot, but it would be a home run. The biggest winner here would be Richard Samuel. Chavis would have a field day coaching a player with Samuel's skill set at LB. Hell, our entire LB corp wouldn't look like they were the same species of human after Chavis got a hold of them compared to the fiasco of last year."

Georgia Sports Blog

sorry, i had to. slow day.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That article makes no sense.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

the only reason to consider it at all is because donnan is in the loop. he was the first to report that uga was looking at bud foster.

4. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

3rd & Chavis. So what. He wants to go? So what.

5. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Except for money (I could be wrong, but I heard that UGA would pay top dollar for a new DC) I don't understand why he would go. He's a seasoned DC, who was let go from the team he coached at for so long, and came here. He's improved the defense, and I think they will only get better. Plus, we're a season away from a :crystal: so I don't undersyand why he would leave, save money.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Don't know who is the main target but I haven't heard Chavis mentioned by anyone that I think has a clue as to what is happening.

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i don't get all of the third and chavis jabs. his defense gets the job done, plus it's just his first year.

8. Chase4LSU

That's because some of the fans think coach= miracle worker.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

regardless, our defense is light years ahead of where it was this time last season. you don't spend 20 years as a coach in the SEC, at the same school, by being incompetent as a coach.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chase4LSU

That's the same logic I tried. Be careful, or you'll be labled a witch or worse ::gulp:: a sunshine pumper!:hihi: