Chavis was a Nega

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Brian

Brian Founding Member

The last 2 games vs. Alabama the offense somehow had the lead in the closing moments. The defense was on the field for each contest. A stop seals the win.

Two straight losses to Alabama.

History will write that Saban owned Miles and LSU, when if you watched the games that story is very much in question.

Imagine if LSU actually fielded a consistent viable passing attack?

Still, Chavis gave it up twice in Death Valley to the best team in CFB over that span. That's not getting it done considering the talent on LSU's defense and the crowd on your side, etc.

Third and Chavis morphed into 2 minute Chavis for good cause.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Y'all may be right about this being part of the plan, but if it was, it sure seemed to catch CLM and admin off guard a bit as evidenced by lack of immediate reactions to the situation and delayed response in finding a replacement. If CLM was "encouraging" Chavis' departure, I would think there would have been a bit more communication before and after to set the stage publicly, and that the list of replacements and interviews would have taken place more quickly. While CLM may have been forcing Chavis' hand a bit to improve, it doesn't seem plausible to me that he ultimately wanted him to leave. Say what you want about 3rd and Chavis, and the meltdowns against Bama, but defense was still the strength of the team's success and winning records, IMO.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't disagree with any of that. What DC in the SEC or in college football was better during the time Chavis was DC at LSU? I bet it's a short list. Yes he had some bad games, but still he was a high quality DC. Steele has his work cut out for him if he plans to do better.

ParadiseiNC and Brian like this.
  4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Miles has the fanbase routinely wanting him fired. His record has been more exemplary than Chief's during his tenure in Baton Rouge. I'm not a Les Miles advocate nor a hater. I've wanted him fired, and I've stood back and marveled at his continued success despite a myriad of obstacles some self-imposed at times. It's like with anything, when you're aiming for the pinnacle of the mountain and everyone knows it and most expect it then when you fall short no matter how minimal or tiny that distance might be it's job-threatening. It's not fair, but that's life and they get very well-compensated for their efforts.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You have to be one of the biggest retards ever to post on this board. If the conversation is over your head just stay out of it. Welcome to ingnore, you never contributed anything intelligent to the conversation anyway.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Chavis has had some great seasons at LSU and of course at UT, but the last two years weren't very good when we faced potent offenses for most of the games. I was ready to see a change in our DC. In 2013 the defense played poorly in 6 games. In 2014 the defense played poorly in 5. Ad in the fact that they blew the Bama games and the UGA game and I thought it was time for a change. But playing just as big of a part in my thinking was the lack of development of DL and LB's. As the DC I believe he had most of the responsibility for our lack of pass rushing, the interior getting gashed so often and for his love of so many smallish LB's.

He might head to aTm and help them win some championships with their nuclear offense but I have a feeling he is going to field even more hamstrung when his defense is on the field for 150 plays a game.

TigerTap, kluke, LSUDad and 2 others like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'll post this again, Defense is played with an attitude, players have to arrive and be explosive. Aggressive. Years back when tackles were made, you would see 8,9 or more in and around the ball carrier. There was a fire out there. We haven't seen this is a few years. You don't sign that many players and get so little production out of them. Steele and O have to relight that fire. We haven't seen a true LSU defense as of late. Great players make great coaches. DB's have been our strong point as of late, some drop off on LB and DL. The players are there, lite the fire.

TigerTap, StaceyO, cajdav1 and 7 others like this.
  8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Tru dat

LSUDad likes this.
  9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Amen brother!! Well stated. Don't know yet if we will see the fire; but we know 'O' came with a box of matches.

TigerTap, LSUDad and Bengal B like this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

More like O came with a flamethrower.

cajdav1, LSUDad and kluke like this.