Chavis was a Nega

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree it went both ways, with our offense being the obvious unit to struggle more often than the defense, however I don't remember Chavis defense's ever being built for shootout type games. But we shall see

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That is exactly what I mean, they aren't. His defense will get smashed in a shoot out and that is how Sumlin plays. Fast and furious. The chavis D needs rest and he won't get it in faggie land.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. LSU_4_LIFE

Obviously CLM himself is not great at clock management, but that is the style of play that LSU attempts to roll with in our game plan. All I am saying, is that we will see what Chavis is really made of this season, as LSU and A&M's style of play and game plans couldn't be more different. I personally believe that Clock Management (in other words TOP), Field Position and Special Teams weigh heavily in the success of a defense (and offense). Lets see how well Chavis does in the A&M system where those 3 strategies don't seem to matter as much.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

Its definitely going to be interesting to see. I live in Houston and am surrounded by Aggies who think that Chavis is God. I keep telling them that in my experience of watching Chavis at LSU, his defenses struggled getting off the field in high offensive, high scoring games. There are also many games I can remember LSU losing because our defense could not get off the field when it counted (particularly on 3rd and LONG). Chavis and Aggie fans can blame our struggling offense for LSU's failures the last few seasons all they want, but as a fan who tries to see it from all angles, I can recall a few crucial games where our defense left us hanging too. It easy to say that our struggling offense put us in those situations to begin with, but its still the defenses job to get the last stop.

I think the Aggies and Chavis will learn really quick what a difference it makes when you roll with a game plan of controlling TOP, Field Position and having a power rushing attack that can keep your defense on the sideline late in games. I am not saying LSU executed that to perfection week in and week out, but at least that was their goal and I personally believe it helped Chavis and his defense's out plenty. That is not however Sumlin's goal, so we will see.

TigerTap likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The Faggies D has been a steaming pile of shit for years. I don't see how Chavis could possibly do worse than those there before him. Any defensive improvement will make them a better team. I don't think he will build anything close to what he had at LSU, but I find it hard to believe that given time he can't improve their D considerably.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSU_4_LIFE

No doubt, Chavis is an improvement hands down no matter where he goes. The Aggies gained tremendously with Chavis, but yes, most Aggie fans I keep talking with truly believe they will have an LSU caliber defense this 2015 season.....true story. They are completely disregarding the talent Chavis had to work with in Baton Rouge, and all I hear is Miles Garrett this and Miles Garrett that.....

I think the Aggies D has struggled partly because of their offensive style.

As for Chavis and his frustration with the LSU offensive struggles, I am just waiting to see how quickly he gets frustrated (if at all) with the Sumlin and A&M style of play. How quickly can he adjust and how well will his defenses truly be in these up tempo style games where he struggled at LSU.

How well will his defenses be at A&M when they are on the field as much as they will be.....Just looking at the LSU/A&M matchup last season, LSU had the ball 41 minutes to A&Ms 19....LSU rushed for 384 yards to A&M's 84...... We will see how happy Chavis truly is to "play with a great offense".

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree, he can't be any worse. I think what T4L and I are saying is lets see what will happen. I don't follow the fags enough to really know what they have as far as depth and quality but I'd have to assume it isn't what LSU has. There are a lot of variables here, will Chavis recruit to fit his style (knowing he doesn't recruit much but will he say who he wants) and let the rest go hunt them down? If so how long does it take for them to do it his way? What is the other option, they just keep getting what they have for however long and Chavis changes his spots? Likely?

I think we just need to see how it shakes out but if I have to bet I'm saying it doesn't end well.

titoabad1, Winston1 and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The ongoing legal battle between LSU and former defensive coordinator John Chavis took a slight turn with LSU netting a victory.

According to The Advocate, State District Judge Timothy Kelley “denied Chavis’ request to stay LSU’s suit against him in Louisiana.”

LSU contends that Chavis owes the school his $400,000 buyout for breaching his contract and signing with Texas A&M. Chavis and Texas A&M dispute that claim.

Chavis claims that LSU owes him more than $205,000 in unpaid vacation days and that his contract was altered in 2012, making it void.

Chavis’ lawsuit against LSU is in the Texas court system and that also came up on Monday.

“The court is concerned there is any way the Texas court can keep this case,” Kelley said. “I don’t see how they can have jurisdiction.”

Chavis’ attorney, Jill Craft, says she will appeal this latest decision.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More:
    A win for LSU: Judge denies John Chavis’ request to stay school’s suit against him in Louisiana

Ross Dellenger| [email protected]
    June 29, 2015
    LSU won the first battle fought in a Louisiana courtroom between the university and former defensive coordinator John Chavis.

A judge Monday denied Chavis’ request to stay LSU’s suit against him in Louisiana, continuing the parties’ legal battle in two states: Texas and Louisiana. Chavis attorney Jill Craft plans to appeal the ruling from State District Judge Timothy Kelley.

Kelley handed down his ruling during a sometimes-testy hearing Monday in the 19th Judicial Court in East Baton Rouge Parish. Craft and LSU attorney Bob Barton exchanged arguments for about a half-hour before the judge’s decision. Kelley ruled that LSU’s suit against Chavis in Louisiana could continue while Chavis’ suit against the school in Texas court plays out. He also expressed the court’s “concern” over the jurisdiction of the case in Texas.

“The court is concerned there is any way the Texas court can keep this case,” Kelley said. “I don’t see how they can have jurisdiction.”

The decision is the latest in a litigation saga that began with LSU and Chavis filing dueling suits against each other Feb. 27 regarding the coach’s buyout. The school says he owes $400,000 for breaking his contract early, while Chavis and Texas A&M claim he does not. Chavis left the Tigers for the same position at A&M after last season, a stunning move to one of LSU’s chief rivals.

Now the parties are meeting in what has been a four-month-long battle that saw its first court hearing Monday. Chavis was not at the hearing in front of Kelley, who has disclosed that he’s a graduate of LSU Law School and a Tigers football season-ticket holder.

Attorneys in both cases are squabbling over the venue for the suits — Texas or Louisiana. Each wants the other’s case dismissed or stopped/stayed until the other has played out.

Kelley ruled against Chavis’ version of that Monday. LSU has filed a similar motion in Texas court, Barton said.

“The case belongs here,” Barton said after the hearing.

Craft is appealing and said the court Monday “overstepped its bounds.”

“It essentially told Texas it has no right to entertain (Chavis’ suit against LSU),” she said.

It’s unclear when LSU’s request to stay the Texas suit will be heard. No hearing has been set.

A federal judge earlier this month did not rule on LSU’s request to dismiss Chavis’ Texas-based suit against the school and sent the case back to the local district court in Brazos County, Texas — home to Texas A&M. LSU lawyers had moved the case to federal court in Houston and asked a judge there to throw out the suit or stay it until LSU’s lawsuit against Chavis in Louisiana was resolved.

The divorce between the coach and the school — at times messy — began in December, when contract extension talks broke down. Chavis says in court documents that he left the program after six years because he refused to sign a new deal that included the “Les Miles clause.” It “would allow LSU to terminate Chavis’ employment in the event Les Miles’ employment (is) terminated with LSU,” documents show.

The saga has no end in sight. There is a disconnect between the two regarding the $400,000 buyout the school says Chavis owes for breaching his contract.

The parties have made bitter filings since the lawsuits were filed in late February. LSU took a swipe at A&M’s struggling defense in one document in March, saying the program “was in dire need of defensive help.” LSU served Chavis with a motion of discovery March 13, seeking answers for his involvement with Texas A&M before A&M officially announced his hiring Feb. 13. He was seen in Aggies gear recruiting for the school in photos posted by recruits on social media.

Chavis, meanwhile, claims the school owes him more than $205,000 in unpaid vacation days and that LSU unlawfully doctored his 2012 contract, making it void.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would think that even if a Texas court ruled in favor of Chavis that the judgement wouldn't be enforceable in Louisiana. The actions on question all took place in Louisiana.

LSUDad likes this.