Chavis was a Nega

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Jan 5, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I got no reason to hate him, I just don't trust yankees to have the best interests of LSU at heart. These professional administrators move from school to school and their prime directive is to make themselves look good so that they can upgrade their job. Good ones do this by hiring good coaches and respecting school traditions. There ain't enough good ones.

Everyone expects coaches to come and go, it is the nature of the business. But its best for LSU for administrators to have long-term interests.

TerryP likes this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Agreed.

A question though -- doesn't Alleva (or anyone in that position for that matter) have to answer to the BOS? If so, if there's enough pressure from the Board that something either should or shouldn't happen, doesn't it behoove Alleva to go in that direction?

3. red55

He works for the Chancellor. But just like me and all unclassified employees at LSU, Alleva serves at the pleasure of the BoS. The Board of Supervisors does get way too involved in football coaching hires. It's not as bad as in the Charlie Mac days. The BOS forcing out Mac and not giving him the AD job that he wanted (and deserved) began a long, bad run for LSU football. They got their fingers burned and have been very much more low-key and back-alley in their influence and not so public about it.

4. red55

Well, Duke was a major basketball school and I think they hoped that Alleva would bring in a basketball coach that could get LSU back into the upper tier of the SEC. Johnson was a good hire, but a bad fit for LSU (an LSU man might have realized this). Jones was a good hire and a good fit at LSU, so maybe Alleva learned something quickly.

GregLSU likes this.
  5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't 100% sure of the hierarchy or the Charlie Mac story. Was that when they brought in Brodhead?

6. red55

Nope. They brought back Paul Dietzel, the coach who had left LSU for Army. The BoS at the time was heavy with ex-Dietzel players.

LSUDad, GregLSU and northernvatiger like this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

A couple of Yankees ushered in the new golden years of LSU foosball.

8. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member