Chavis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Everyone knew the Bama's O-Line Is dominant, Everyone Knew the Bama's QB was not very good in the passing game. Why didnt Chavis Load up the LOS and shut down Bamas run game? There was a couple of drives when Chavis let the Defense get beat up and worn down by Ingram. I have seen the Tigers in goal line situations and 3rd and short situations completely shut down the run,I know they could have stopped Bama.
    Chavis got the Tiger defense beat up, I believe that if he would have committed to shutting down the run and let the DBs play man on man the WHOLE game the tigers would not have gotten physically beaten like they did.
    Damn the replay Official who took the Pick away from PP.

1 person likes this.
  2. swac02

swac02 Veteran Member

You hit the nail on the head kudos, and this was pretty obvious, if you stop the wild cat you stop Bama. I dont know what Chavis he was thinking, Bama OFL was opening up holes so wide a freight train could have went through them. That was the bad part now the good part is that kudos to our secondary they held their own against Bama's Wide Outs a definite plus. :tigereye:

3. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I guess you'll want to fire Chavis along with Moffet. :LSU231:

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Re watch the game. MISSED TACKELS.

Chavis is a very smart man. Too bad all our stars didnt want to tackel.

So many pays we hit them in the back field or LoS.

Hope they learn from it.

Also. the Julio TD, NOT CHAVIS it was #15 HE GOT SCHOOLED...

It happens..

Chavis isnt our problem, neither is miles. WHne it comes down to it on 3rd and 2 on O or 3rd and 10 on D, Players just need to play.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Wow dan's only supporter is his cousin who has exactly 23 posts.

6. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Imagine that. :LSU231:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

man i thought the same thing, i didn't like the formations at times, or personnel at times. I think we should have loaded the box and use more 4-3. I also think Jai Eugene should have been in the game or Claiborne on Jones when Peterson was out. Not a Safety 1 on 1 with him, and i like Brandon Taylor alot, but that is an obvious mismatch.

I still think Chavis is the man, he just doesn't have that dominant defensive tackle in the middle to play the 3-4 against a really powerful running offense.

8. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Agree. We just don't have the talent on the D-Line like we've had in years past, simple as that. They don't pressure the QB with any consistency and haven't been too efficient in stopping the run either. The LB's and DB's have been the strong points of the defense this year hands down. Chavis has to tailor his scheme's based on the peronnel he has and the DL happens to be the weak link this year. If the staff can recruit/develop the DL back to where it has been in the recent past you'll see Chavis's defenses be much more dominant against the run and overall in general. I like what he's done this year over last year with essentially the same personnel. It's like night and day in many respects. :LSU231:

9. roynav

roynav free your mind

Chavis is a godsend dude. What a relief after last season. I can tolerate LSU offenses sucking, but when the defense sucks, thats a mortal sin for a Tiger fan.

LSU's defense has been formidable. I have NO IDEA what you are ragging about. Makes Tiger fans look bad when they go after the coaches for no good reason.:angryfire

10. swac02

swac02 Veteran Member

No one is going after the coaches, look at the game again and you will see. The defensive line was being being blown out, that's just the way it is. When you have a running back picking up 7,8,9, yours a run, there is a obvious problem don't you think? and where does that stem from? is the other team stronger? or do they have better technique? well from my opinion I know that our guys can play with the best of them but on this particular day something went wrong horribly. I know we have the best conditioning coach but this is the most tired I have ever seen out Tigers. The fourth quarter belongs to us it always has and Bama knows this. Saban knows; you can see the fear in his eyes and to beat us was a sigh of relief for him, our game plan was always to ware a team down get them in the second half to see what they have left which in the past was usually nothing, it was a odd day for me. Oh! and by the way OFL open up some holes for those running backs I cant say that enough and protect you QB'S:eek:ldskule::tigereye::geaux: