Chavis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

the reason they were able to run in the second half was because they did a good job spreading out the defense in the first half. pretty good gameplan - as for chavis, im pretty sure alabama moved it whenever they wanted to, minus the time they were pinned on the one inch line.

:wink:

2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

If neither slip up and go to Georgia undefeated, Florida puts a pounding on Bama. Florida and Teabow are getting there second wind and will make a statement, it won't even be close. Ingram will not run on Florida like he did on us that D-line is too good.

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I think that game will not likely be a blowout either way.

They are both real good like last year.

Ingram is awesome and it wouldn't surprise me if he has some success in that one too. Remember, Arkansas did run on Florida with their physical backs.

But I still think Florida has the edge.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

not sure why so many of you don't give alabama the respect they deserve. i'm still sticking with bama in that SEC game. i don't like bama, but have been saying all season that they might be the best team in the nation (outside of texas.)

they (bama) flat-out dominated LSU in the second half! florida struggled against an LSU team that is NO where near as good as the one that lost to bama. if we play florida again with a decent game plan, we beat them. can't say the same about bama. i guess i'll just have to agree to disagree with y'all. :redface:

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

With the exception of 1 play I don't see how Bama dominated us in the 2nd half. Yes, Ingram ran well against us, but Chavis's bend but don't break approach kept Bama out of the endzone. Had Peterson been in on the Jones TD play I don't believe that TD would have happened. Which would have us still be in the game. Once that, then the bad call allowing Bama to add the FG, out game plan became catch up and catch up quick. No not dominated, just a few unlucky breaks for us cost us the game, IMHO.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I would love to play either Florida OR Bama again. I'm not sure either could beat us twice, and I don't feel like Bama dominated us at all.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

In my case I am not looking at it as a respect thing. I think Bama is a good team as well. Florida was not the same team either when they played us. I think they are looking more to form and the experience in big games is definetly on there side. They were flat against us and the weeks after but they look healthy now. I see Bama as one demontional and I expect Florida to shut that down. But hey I've been wrong before.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bama didn't even come close to dominating us, no way. However I do think that they were the better team. We just don't have the DL, OL or QB at this point to win against the top teams.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Stud has been a dud! It's Brick's first year, it's too early to tell whether it is a lack of talent, lack of development or just poor coaching. I think you have to give him more that one season on the first two before you can judge the last. Cooper has Peterson and Chad Jones, I would look great coaching them. However Cooper is a big time DB coach and I think he will do well here. My biggest concern is who replaces Peterson since next year will be his last. Corners like him don't grow on trees. I am very happy with the progress the D has made under Chavis and a first year coaching staff. He will not put up with an assistant that isn't cutting it and I expect the defense to get better and better. If I were Miles I would be interviewing OL coaches now. Stud may be a great recruiter but his OL have not been great to say the least.

10. swac02

swac02 Veteran Member

I agree with you never forget, but only one thing, wild cat, Bama is wild cat if you stop that, thats really the only thing they have. They're QB isn't up to the task, so what else is there? Florida have only one plan, to stop the run, I hope Bama pull it out for the SEC West, I wish it was us GEAUX TIGERS!:tigerhead