Chavis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I agree with everything that you are saying. I would add that I think the talent is there, but Stud isn't getting the production out of them. Remember, Miles thought that this might be the best OL he has had since coming to LSU. Adding to the notion that maybe Stud isn't the right guy for the job.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bama did nothing in the wildcat against LSU. All of Ingrams quality runs came out of their base offense.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miles for some reason was under the impression that a smaller faster OL would be a better OL. That just doesn't cut it against the big physical SEC defenses. However Stud did nothing with last years bigger OL. I'm not sold on Stud at this point, he seems like the weak link in the chain. Miles comes from an OL background, I would expect him to be all over this and for his OL to be top notch. If it doesn't improve greatly next year it may be time to hire a quality OL coach and for Miles to back off and let him have it alone. JMO

4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

That's what boggles my mind. I cannot understand us having problems with our offensive line when our coach played there...then I remember Garcia and his award winning hd. coach. :lol:

5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Bama went back to what got them there in the 2nd half, that is running the football. Dominate may be too strong a word, but Ingram gaining 144 yards was not because of luck - it was because of crappy D-line play. There's a rumor floating around that Alem is still turning in circles at Bryant-Denny. The D-line has been hit or miss all season, like someone wrote earlier. Besides, Bama had to run the ball because McElroy is shaky, at best.

6. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I think he's done a good job overall. I'm sure th DC is just like the head coach in that it takes a while for all the pieces to fall in place. As far as calling plays, either coordinator will have try new things when you play top 5 teams. I know the DL looked like they weren't up to par, but, judging by the turn around from the beginning of the season, it won't take long to fix:tigereye:

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Boy, I'm sticking my neck out there with this opinion because I don't know the techniques involved in the OL...but I'm not sure the OL status can be blamed on the OL coach.

It seems there was a huge improvement in the OL as soon as they quit that meercat method of running every play. I also noticed that Charles Scott started having better games after they quit waiting so long to snap the ball (at least I think so, could be wrong).

I remember someone posting that the O linemen had to get in their stance and hold there for 20 seconds or so before the ball was snapped. The post said that one big problem with that was that the OL really want to get set and then fire off on the snap and that delay caused them to be less effective blocking.

Maybe the offensive coordinator should take the blame for our early season woes on the OL and the running game.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where do you get this notion?

9. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I agree, Miles praised this line alot before the season started and I just never saw them live up to the praise. I sure Miles is hiding his true feelings as well. You know its killing him to know he cannot get a lousy yard with scott when he needs it on a 3rd down conversion. He has OL mentality which is what they live for, to blast off the ball and get a yard. You right about Cooper but he is a great DB coach so I expect our secondary to be good as long as he is there. Brick coming from the NFL and da Bears at that I just expected more. Maybe it is not his fault, but he did have some experienced guys to work with.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They have gotten better over the last few weeks.