Chavis

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Nov 7, 2009.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

From what he said preseason about this line being smaller but faster and more athletic. It was the reason he thought it would be his best line ever at LSU.

2. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

Wouldn't this be great. The game between Florida is a nail biter, but in the end BAMA loses due to a blown call by an SEC ref. That would be like heaven.

We would see how much respect Saban really has for the SEC officials. I'm praying every night for that to happen. If God has a sense of humor, it will happen.

:tigerhead

1 person likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I thought that was his way of saying that big, slow Herman Johnson was gone. Certainly we are quicker at guard . . . we had to be, but we lost a lot of push.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's not the way I took it. However no matter what he meant the fact remains that this years line does not control the line of scrimmage. They have really been beat up this year although I was somewhat pleasantly surprised with the pass blocking vs Bama. They haven't been able to get a push or open running lanes against anyone. Hopefully some of the youngsters will be able to step in next season and provide some much needed help.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Blackwell has looked very good to me when he's been in the game. His block sprung Shepard on the 70-yard TD run.