Check out this prediction from CFN...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maderan, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

LSU top 5 preseason next year.
    LINK

2. I believe it. We'll miss many of our seniors but should have a lot of talent coming back, especially if the guys have a productive offseason.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What? No Auburn?

Let's add a new nickname to their stable: The 17 year locusts. :rofl: :rofl:

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Yep, I would agree that LSU will be the team with the most talent. Zook hasn't exactly left the cupboard bare at UF, and Garner is doing a killer job for Richt at UGA.

The thing about talent though is that you can never tell if they have a taste for football until they're in a competitive situation (aka: "experience). What I like about the classes recruited by CNS is their football maturity. He seems to find "football players" as opposed to "athletes," especially on the defensive side of the ball. He's got a real "eye" for D-talent.

[​IMG]

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I pretty much agree with him except that I don't think Ohio State will be a top 5 team--especially not with all of the troubles surrounding Tressell and the allogations by Clarett and other former players. I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU "police themselves" by cutting a few scholarships on their own before the NCAA REALLY decides to do it for them.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

With the way Florida's D has played for a lot of games this year, they have the speed but I am not sure they have the overall D to lose 1 game or 0.

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Teams such as Michigan and Ohio State are media darlings and will be overrated a lot due to their name alone. Their name automatically garners them a top 15 ranking year in year out. :dis:

8. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Guys, we were top 5 this year, but we realized very early on that we didn't have a good quarterback situation that was settled...It's the difference between a Top 15 season and a Top 5 season...and at least one victory each year.

I have news for you...Our quarterback situation for next year still isn't settled. I'm pleased with the pre-pre-preseason rankings, but without a solidified situation at signal caller, I'm inclined to say that we shouldn't believe the hype.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

The difference is the O-line is playing much better now and will continue to improve. With protection from the line, you can just about stick anyone back there. Our O-line should be solid next year and our qb will do just fine. Not to mention our running game.

10. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Florida falls apart this year and their coach gets fired but suddenly they're a top 5 team the following year? OK.