Check out this quote from one of the Dolphins players...No support for Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Dec 22, 2004.

1. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

from CBSsportsline.com

"We've already made our decision. We want coach Bates as our next coach. Period," said defensive end Jay Williams. "There's no discussion about anybody else. That's all upstairs. That's on them right now."

Nice situation Nick will walk into. I've been in these situation before. He will have them turned around in a couple of weeks to a month. Nick is a winner.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing...They talk a helluva lot at first...I remember what the players were saying at the end of the DiNardo Era...and then what Robert Royal and some others were saying during the off-season workouts...

3. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

And this is why some college coaches never want to coach in the NFL. Let's see how Nick comes down on this.

4. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Inmates running the asylum? Seriously, I wouldn't take a poll in the locker room to find out who they wanted - I'd find someone to hold their feet to the fire. I'm sure they don't want Saban, because that will mean the gravy train is over. It'll be time to put up or get cut.

If I saw this coming from my players, it would make me want Bates less!

5. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Welcome to the NFL Nick!

6. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Since when did the players ever pick the next coach.

That's on them right now. NEWS FLASH it was never on ya'll.

But I hope you get your wish.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

It would be hard but I doubt the players would revolt against Saban. Their play this year showed they need a lot of help.

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am sure Nick is going to love it when his players start doing their Ray Lewis dance..
    Or better yet how Saban likes to bench people after a fumble. "Jones your sitting you fumbled"

Jones : Yeh Right coach I am the #2 pick in the draft and I just got a 15 million signing bonus, not only am I not sitting I suggest you call a play to get me the ball

Miami Owner : I was dissapointed you sat jones today, he is our #1 draft pick and we have some endorsement deals we need for him, lets not let that happen again O.K. coach.. Thanks...

Sports Page of Miami Herald
    Top Story : Hurricanes lose again
    Middle of the Page : Shaq dominates foes
    Near the Bottom : Marlin still suck, Hockey team is failing, Ray Finkle foiled again in his plot to kidnap snowflake. Dan Marino missing and Police chief although female has testicles...

Bottom : Saban struggling to adjust in the NFL, wishes he never left Baton Rouge

And the rest of the Sports section.
    Luce Página de Heraldo de Miami el Cuento Primero: Huracánes pierden otra vez Centro de la Página: Shaq domina a
    enemigos cerca del Fondo: el Pasador chupa todavía, el equipo del Hockey falla el Fondo: Saban que lucha por ajustar en
    el NFL, los deseos él nunca dejó Colorete de Batuta

9. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

While Saban is a great coach at LSU, please remember that he was no where nearly as successful prior to coming to LSU. The school made him as much if not more than he made you.

10. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

Give him some credit

Um, sorta. He was at Michigan State, a mid tier big 10 team with big brother Michigan lurking about getting better recruits and such. Down here he has the talent to run his kind of team especially his kind of defense. bump and run corners and numerous blitz packages. While I appreciate your respect for LSU (if that's what it was) this was a mutually beneficial relationship.