Chick-fil-A Bowl Sells Out Again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGRIS PANTHERA, Dec 24, 2012.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

She was probably waiting for the punch line. lol

My daughter used to think I was lying when I'd tell her that when I was a kid, we had to get and walk to the tv to change the channels...all 5 of them.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Lol, about having to get up to change the channel. I remember it well.

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You had 5 channels? I remember when there were 2in Baton Rouge, WAFB and WBRZ. One of them had affilation with two networks. Hell we didn't have color till the mid 1960s. Oh yeah I walked barefoot 5 miles to school in the snow and uphill both ways.

4. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

The article was published in USA Today in 2008 so you two can attack the writer of the said article. the Alabama felon "a fan" I suppose. (The Alabama fan in question was found guilty of first degree murder).

The reason LSU was raped in its own home stadium 2011, has illegal drug issues on campus, ruins top NFL QB's, TB's, skill position players generally, can not find one former LSU Alum to serve as a top tier quality head football coach, is when it's completely stripped down to its core is "IGNORANCE BEGETS IGNORANCE"

5. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

LSU vs G.T. 2008
    Jordan Jefferson's finest game.

6. LSUTiga

I just threw out that number. I remember 3,5,7 & 10, I think- and possibly another higher one that was snowy. Had to put aluminum foil on those rabbit ears. I was born in the mid 60's.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's something that may shock some of you. I'm going to return this thread to the subject it was originally mentioned.

I wasn't quite sure why this article was linked in the first place. It doesn't say anything other than the bowl sold out its allotment. It's like a local PR piece and gives no clue as to the game being sold out.

Clemson's allotment was 18K. The beat writer for Clemson at work tells me there are just over half of those tickets remaining. As of yesterday, Clemson had sold 9100 or so.

The LSU ticket office still has a lot of tickets left as well. At a GOOD price to for those who are within travel distance. According to his report, LSU has sold more than Clemson—@10,500.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

9. LSUTiga

I'm sure not excited about watching this game. Hell, if the weather is right I may go night fishing.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

That's too bad. I think it has the makings to be a pretty good football game. Heck, if I didn't have plans I'd drive down and catch it myself.

It'll be a couple of months before I get back out on the water...crappie season most likely.

Shrimping was GREAT this season. At the most, it may have taken an hour and a half to get the limit this year.