Chili's

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by friedriches, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Ask for a Chambord sidekick with it. Delicious.

2 people like this.
  2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

They aren't thrown on the floor or anything, they are usually just old burgers. What the kitchen staffs around Baton Rouge like to do (most restaurants) is what they fall free-boating (that's how I heard it anyway).

When I asked what the **** they were talking about they said that for burgers and steaks they cook as many as they can at the start of a shift and put them on the cool parts of the grill for a few hours, and when they get an order, just heat them up again.

It would be the reason why if you ever asked for anything other than well, you got a still well done burger/steak.

Just the kitchen cutting corners.

Now Southwestern Eggrolls... THOSE are good.

3. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

I LOVE Chili's queso dip and the steak fajitas! 2 for 1 all day mango margaritas are sweet too.:thumb:

I get cravings for the queso dip, lol. People think I'm pregnant sometimes because if I get a craving, it doesn't go away til I get it.:hihi:

Hmm... speaking of lunch tomorrow...

2 people like this.
  4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

never gone to chilis to eat. been there to drink plenty of times.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I celebrated my 50th birthday in New York City. My co-workers were buying me shots of Jose Cuervas. I was gulping them down. We took the subway to the Village for dinner. More shots. At about midnight, we were waiting for a train back to Wall Street. The "money car" was blocking the track. This is a yellow car with barred windows that stops at the various stations to collect the proceeds from a day of token selling (before MetroCards rendered them obsolete). Anyway, I got impatient and kicked the door yelling "GET THAT YELLOW MFer OUT OF HERE!!!" An armed guard appeared at the door and advised me not to kick the money car. My friends were nowhere to be found. Luckily, he was tolerant of loudmouthed drunks and did not pursue further action. The story has been re-told many times with the ending always being that that's the last time I drank tequila shots.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I had the ribs at Texas Roadhouse yesterday for the first time. They were very good.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Fridays is like this, I ordered a steak there once and it came out frozen in the middle.

8. SabanFan

I had a piece of fried chicken like that at Ryan's about 5 years ago and never went back. Too many "size-challenged" diners there anyway. It's like a fat convention.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

what, you eat fried chicken...lol remember that one:wave:

anyplace like Ryans is a fat convention.

10. SabanFan

SON! I could win a fried chicken eating contest at a Good Times reunion. :hihi:

1 person likes this.