Chili's

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by friedriches, Mar 27, 2008.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I will fry some every now and then, some thighs, wings and legs, for my wife. She loves my recipe'.
    But i do fry that turkey every thanksgiving.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

a little cornmeal added tastes better.

i only eat white meat. guess im a racist at heart or it simply means im a breast man. i cant decide. wings dont really count.

that doesnt count.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Hey I only eat white meat, Breast and wings. but my wife says I love thighs:wave:

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just be sure not to use the words cottage cheese when mentioning it. i noticed that leads to clamming up.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i tried to fry chicken a month or so ago. i only eat white meat so i just bought some breasts. i the only thing i have ever fried are fish and small things like that and that is obviously pretty harmless. so i followed my grandmothers recipe but the ratio of chicken and oil was skewed because i only had breasts. halfway through i had a minor fire and went to kfc.

i wish someone would cook it for me because homemade fried chicken is the best, but it is too messy.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Probably, . . . the breading is great but they use a deep fryer. My Grandma always fried chicken in a deep black iron skillet in lard or shortening. Looked different, tasted better. Damn strong!

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

im not a grandma (or even a mom for that matter) but i use a black iron skillet for frying chicken. thats how my grandmother taught me to make it.

i am lucky in that my grandmother taught me a lot about cooking from the time i was old enough to sit on the counter and watch.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I use half Fish-Fri (or Chick-fri) and half flour. Dip it in an egg bath (more water than egg) and coat it with the dry stuff. Hint: add ice to the egg bath and the chicken will be more crispy. You have to fry in a skillet, not deep fry. If you don't turn it with tongs, it ain't homemade fried chicken.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:thumb:

10. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

add a little cornstarch to the flour, or cornmeal, and it's be crispier.