Chinks in the Armor??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TheDude, Oct 10, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

He's gotten some, in fact, a lot after the Sugar Bowl last year. Doesn't get enough maybe but it's been there. Peach Bowl in '05 season too.

2. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

nice :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

one thing that gambling frame of mind does is instill a sense of confidence in his players. they have talked about that in interviews. his confidence in them to call those plays makes them want even more to prove him right. i like that.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

If Miles had a track record of going for fourth downs in every game, then maybe he can be regarded as a mad man. In my opinion, he just did what he had to do to pull out the W and keep our NC hopes alive. Let's face it, our backs were against the wall and in situations such as that, you must step outside the box and take risks. It was gutsy of him to lay it all on the line in a do or die situation.

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Amen, I wanted him to punt one time, but he made the calls and I was wrong. Miles is doing a great job and the players seem to love playing for him.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i fear that he just has a "let 'er rip" mentality that is only paying off because the team is so good. but ill wait til it stops working to complain.

on a slightly different subject, anyone hearing criticism of cum's coaching in the game? i havent, but thought it was atrocious. he has taught the players well and has a good system/game plan, but choosing not to run much in 2nd half with a lead and poor clock management at the end was very bad. if that was clm the natl media wouldve ripped him a new one.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There is a fine line between lucky and confident . . . but it ain't invisible. Miles was playing the percentages (his kicker had missed two while Hester was automatic for two yards) and playing to win (We're number 1).

You get more respect if you lose while going for it than if you lose by playing for the tie. No coach in his right mind would want the game to go to OT and give Tebow the short overtime field to work with. It would have negated our defense. He almost won it anyway moving the ball on a long field.

8. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Who in the Hell is wishing for a return of Saban???? Geaux to Hell Saban! :angryfire