Chip Kelly is College version of Sean Payton

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 21, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

His offense is just a well oiled machine.

It's mind boggling and played at a mind boggling pace.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

they will be exposed before season's end.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was just telling two guys how impressed I was that he could lose Masoli and in one year have another QB ready to play at the level he did last night. THAT GUY knows how to run a read option and made good decisions with the ball.

Respectfully disagree. I think even a defense as good as ours would have trouble. For one thing it nullifies the depth advantage when you can't rotate in and out. Another is the pace would not only have our best player sidelined earlier with cramps but a lot of the others would be gased too. I got tired just watching. :lol:

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I turned it off at 53-6 because I was envious of their offensive production and pissed that LSU can never seem to dominate a game like that. How many did they end up dropping on UCLA?

5. LaSalleAve

The Pac-10 is an offensive league. Look at Tennessee, they had Oregon stopped until they just gave up in the 2nd half. I don't think Oregon would score over 25 on LSU, or Alabama. I think USC beats them this season, and I also think Oregon State gives them a hell of a game.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I think two things.

1. They'll get to the NC game
    2. They'll win if they play a non SEC team
    3. They'll lose if they play an SEC team

How's that for a supremacy complex :D

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

I don't know about that. Our D is amazing, but their lowest offensive output so far has been 42. I know they havent faced a defense anything like LSU's, but I don't think we're holding them to 25. The Tigers gave up 29 to Florida who isn't anywhere as capable offensively as Oregon is. And as much as it would help LSU out for them to lose, I really hope they trash USC next week. I hate the Trojans as much as I hate Bama. Maybe more.

8. LaSalleAve

I think Oregon has a great offense, don't get me wrong, but they haven't played anyone. Stanford has no defense, Tennessee held them to 13 and then just gave up after halftime. Lets see what they do against Arizona who has the number 10 ranked D in the nation. If they blow them out, i will eat my words.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tennessee didn't "give up".

That's what Oregon does. Until last night, they had gotten off to very slow starts almost every game and then turn it on late in the first half and the entire 2nd half. Tennessee had no control of the situation. They were going to get embarrassed on defense whether they liked it or not.

Every other team on Oregon's schedule is finding out that exact same thing.

10. Weisguy

Weisguy Veteran Member

With that system, its easier to replace a QB than in more conventional passing systems.

Oregon's offense has been written off as a gimmick, but I think we'll see more teams do that- it makes more sense to put in place a running system where the next QB can step in and take over vs. more traditional
    passing offense where there's going to be growing pains with the new QB.

In the NFL, it makes more sense to go through those growing pains with a new QB because that QB can stay with that team through the next 10 years. But, in college, with the constant turnover, it doesn't make as much sense when by the time the QB has learned the system, he's ready to jump to the NFL if he's any good.