Chow leaves USC!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by OpelousasLSUFan, Feb 9, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Chow was the name constantly being brought up whenever Leinhart's success was glorified.

I can't wait to see USC lose 2 games at least this year.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

you really think 2 losses comes b/w them and being awarded the NC??? come on, lets be realistic!

3. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

Have you seen what happened to BYU and NC State's offenses after he left? Not pretty.:)

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he coached 8 of the top 30 d-1 passers of all time!!!! amazing.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I agree, not very classy in terms of the recruits on the offensive side of the ball. As for Leinhart, he will be fine. He knows the offense, he knows how to get himself into a groove, and he doesn't throw interceptions. I'm sure Chow called Leinhart on the phone and Matt replied, "Really, dude? Good luck, Coach." Then he went back to making out with models, attending A-list parties, and being the most popular Los Angeles resident under the age of 30...

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Look out Ladies those TROJANS have a HOLE in them.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

sorry.. sarcasm didnt translate there.. no class then..

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

He sure could, if he's really that steamed.

Hypothetically, he could position himself to get picked by a team other than the top 5 teams in this year's draft order by declaring for the supplemental after April's regular NFL draft.

I believe the problem with this would come from a salary cap perspective. If you pick a guy in the first round of the supplemental, you forfeit that same round's selection in the next regular draft.

Here's the problem: say the Titans and Norm Chow pick Matt with a first-round supplemental pick (#6). They've already picked someone in the April draft at #6...but Matt would (and rightfully so) expect a contract equal to the top 2-4 players chosen in the 2005 NFL draft.

I don't know if any team is prepared, from a salary structure standpoint, to absorb two top 6 picks in the same draft. We're talking some serious signing bonus cheese here.

Anyway, no way that'll happen, but it was interesting to research it and speculate on it.

9. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I heard on ESPN2 Cold Pizza that he cannot enter the Supplemental Draft.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

Another article that digs a little deeper (is Dennis Dodd trying to get fired?). "Get back in your seat this instant, Mr. Dodd." Everyone is talking about USC and Chow, but my concern is with Dennis Dodd's increasingly obvious drug abuse. Hey, Dennis, just say no - football season will come...

Dennis, have you been smoking pot again?

So how many more weeks until Pete Carroll goes away?

Leinart I feel for - I have a ton of respect for that kid...

We'll see. Now he's trying to lure kids to Oxford, MS - not exactly L.A.

Personally, I have never thought any of these things about anybody. You? He's on drugs!

What? I still can't figure this out...

He lands a right hook at the end. Well, if they can't fire him for doubting the future of the Troy Boys, I suggest they simply drug test him...

Full Article