Chris Blair Mid Season Evaluation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, May 7, 2016.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Chris Bland.

But the rally possum is unaffected.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Agreed.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So I guess the super regional seed lies in the Florida series next weekend.

Take 2 of 3 and we're there? Or do we need to sweep them? My guess is a sweep is necessary.

What say you?

4. tirk

We arent getting a national seed. Would have to sweep and win the tourney for a chance. Not happening.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Depends on who else is a seed. I don't think LSU will be a top 8 even with a sweep but if some team like Santa Barbara or Cal Irvine is they don't have the facilities to host a super and LSU could get it by default

6. islstl

So is it more an issue of how strong the SEC is this season (7 of the top 12 teams currently in baseball america poll) and they will only give out so many to SEC teams (4 or 5 I presume)?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Shouldn't this discussion be in the baseball thread? Unless you want to talk about how Chris Blair will call it.

8. tirk

correct. too much parity in the sec and being 4th now means theres really little chance if any.

9. islstl

and that's my question, a sweep of Florida may put us at or near the very top of the SEC standings (in fact, it would undoubtedly)

there may not be a team with a better record than 20-10 (LSU's record after a FL sweep) in the SEC after all is said and done next weekend (SC, MissSt or A&M would have to sweep as well to have a better record than LSU)

10. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

There is no way we sweep Florida. Should let that sink in first. Their pen is way too strong and we have the worst time stringing hits together with stellar pitchers. They have less to lose than we have to gain so we may catch 1 or at best, 2 but we have almost no chance at a sweep unless we take the 1st 2. We can hope that they make enough errors to open the door, but we gotta hit em to get that.

We would still need to go deep in the tourney and win the regional to even consider a super. Too much to weigh including the mid week tomorrow. We played the domers well but we played to win, not to save our pen for the weekend. Good thing the mid week is tomorrow I guess, but we gotta win that one for sure. We take even 1 from the Gators and our rpi will be good enough for the conversation. We still have a chance to win the west, so there is that which, would be huge for this team.

kcal likes this.