Chris Brown on Krag Hire

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This is only one part of the 5 questions asked. Pretty insightful.

Hearing he has great relationships with his players and communication is great. Also that he simplifies the game for the QBs. As an example, at Tulsa they relied on the WRs to take a larger role to read the defense which in turn determined their routes each play. I don't think we will see that full scale here but someone like Mettenberger could thrive in that philosophy.

More Kragthorpe Thoughts: Five Questions with Chris Brown - And The Valley Shook

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You are correct, we can't have JJ's receivers running option routes.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks Bhelm. Sounds like this could be fun.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this may be a shallow view, but im most interested in how seamless the transition will be. i suppose the part about simplifying the system for qbs addresses that somewhat. but as every one knows this team has serious NC potential even with oregon, bama and uf on the sched.

5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

On another thread I stated that Krag wasn't my first choice - but I think it was just ignorance on my part. Since then everything I've looked at points out that Krag exhibits all the qualties that I wanted in the hire - I just didn't know he had them. I feel good about this hire.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ditto. I went into it feeling underwhelmed, now I'm pretty optimistic.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Full disclosure - its Friday and I've had more than one serving of sipping tequila. But my tequila instincts tell me this could be good.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I hate tequila. But if tequila is telling you this a good hire, listen to it and then have another serving. Just to make sure you heard correctly, of course. :D

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I've read a few articles that also stated that he inherited a mess of a team at Louisville and dismissed some problem, yet talented players.

I guess if not for that, he may have had a better record while at Louisville.

10. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

That's how I'm feeling too - I have confidence that this is a good hire, and that the team is loaded with talent - however, the team doesn't open up against a weak opponent next season, so hopefully they can put together all of the new pieces with this new OC in the time available to be ready to beat Oregon!