Chris Brown on Krag Hire

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I take consolation in the fact that the defensive system does not change and that we have a ton of defensive talent coming back. That alone will keep us in the ballgame with anyone.

The biggest thing we need to do with Oregon is contain LaMichael James and force Thomas to throw. The defenses we see week in and week out Oregon will only see once (BCS Title game and 2011 season opener).

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Sounds like you need to be introduced to better produced tequila, Tezon Reposado;
    not better advertised tequila - Patron anything. IMSALOTAMRTO.:thumb::hihi:

IMSALOTAMRTO = In my spend a lot of time and money researching this opinion

3. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

Thanks for posting.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or worse- those problem players can often come backt to haunt you in the end, or more accurately, "middle". I'd take losing with character than winning with thugs. I wouldn't be happy about it but I wouldn't put myself at risk to have it blow up in my face by rolling the dice with obvious potential disciplinary head cases outside of the already existing inherent risk that kids accompany.

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

a few points

i love the kind of offense that is heading to LSU.

I miss the play action because crowton didnt understand the importance and run at the right time play action is devastating.

Also there was no misdirection in our offense at all.

I love the counter play if you set it up and understand how to play call.

Hit a defense that is having to pursue hard with a few misdirection at the right time and you have some big yardage running playays.

Plus our receivers will benefit from play action in that lb's will have to respect the run and that opens up deep middle for crossing routes. deep posts etc.

Add to that that we simply didnt have the back out of the backfield as an option. I cant remember other than screens even throwing to the backs out of the backfield.

Th is is the offense i wanted and with our talent at rb and receiver all we need is a consistent qb that can be accurate and this offense is going to hum.

JJ was thrown in really young and so was jarrett lee. Maturity is a valuable tool for a qb and neither of ours had it in the beginning.

JJ was still immature last year but at the end of the season he seemed to start and get it.

We have a tough schedule next year but looking at this team i am excited and am truly greatful to Coach Miles for staying and i think the future of LSU football is bright and the talent is there for at least 10 win seasons for the forseeable future.

Beyond 10 win seasons you need the breaks and karma to win a nc but knowing les miles he will have us in the hunt.

And ESPN will be begging to get back in our good graces not the other way around.

1 person likes this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Very well stated, I agree with all 100%. Our offense under Crowton was missing many of the most simple and fundamental elements that give the offense an advantage.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

One point I couldn't agree with is that our offense lacked identity. I think if Miles has added someone of like mind with him on offense we won't look so schizophrentic. We can easily take a giant step forward.

So we have an advantage in the Oregon game - they have no idea what our offense will look like.

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

If they look at the Cotton bowl tapes they'll have a clue, just not full disclosure.As for this hire growing on me, didn't need to, had been doing my homework for weeks prior to the public announcement, so I had a head start on many.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Just hope krag learns to hate all things Alabama. I hope he has a burning desire to destroy Alabama and auburn as much as we tiger fans do. He has to understand a season can not be a total success without beating the gumps. We also expect him to smash the tigerbirds in the mouth often. This is what the tiger nation expects from our coaches.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, this is your job.

I want the coaches to be cold-blooded, focused, and ruthless.