Chris Garrett Commits

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by avsfan, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

If you're thinking of interchangeable QBs, then I guess you have a point. But I don't think anyone in the country has interchangeable QBs except in rare occassions. Even Tebow wasn't completely interchangeable with Chris Leak. I'm sure someone can come up with an example of truly interchangeable QBs in RECENT history.

For that matter, I don't consider KW, RM, CS, and TH interchangeable in that sense either. They bring different styles and different levels of capability.

I think LSU most definitely has a stable of QBs for the future. They will be at different levels of preparation and maturity, and they will bring different styles to the field. They won't be interchangeable, but they will provide each other with competition (crucial!) and the coaches with choices.

Anyway, regardless of what BHelm meant by "stable QB", I think LSU is clearly building a stable of QBs.

BTW - I'd say the line of QBs from Mauck, through Randall, Russell, Flynn, and Perrilloux (RIP), to Lee and even Hatch - thats a decent stable of college QBs. Good enough for two of these :crystal: and three SEC championships!

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If Dayne Crist is as good as I think he is, we might see it in South Bend very soon. [​IMG]

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

John, has anyone ever told you that you over think at times.

A stable QB in my terms does not have anything to do with his potential at being a decent or great QB. Garrett IMO will make smart decsions and stay in the pocket. He will make the right reads and get it to his RBs and WRs in space consistenly. When he comes in for RS our offense will switch to a more balanced attack IMO. Him being a decent to great QB will depend on the playing time he recieves and his ability to handle pressure in crunch time.

I think a stable or dependable QB has a good shot at being considered a great QB just like Flynn was considered a great QB while he was here.

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Does that mean that objectivity is not allowed?

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Garrett & AJ McCarron were the top 2 pro-style QBs on the board for LSU.

Garrett is not a back-up plan or a depth builder. He's a legitimate player that will contend for a starting position.

6. Perple

Perple Founding Member

No, I pointed out he had the wrong board for trashing Matt Flynn. This is the recruiting board.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

There's a Mat Flynn trashing board?

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Material to further the conversation on Chris Garrett:

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Karam was apparently not very high on our board. We wanted one pro-style QB & one athletic QB in this class. We've filled that need with 2 of the best.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Not much info but this is what Rivals.com had to say about Chris and his workout at the Elite 11 pre-camp in Vegas: